Author Topic: how much amperage is to much amperage?  (Read 5654 times)

alexp5

Re: how much amperage is to much amperage?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 07:12:59 AM »
I Even did some experimentation 5 drops at a time taking ph reading at each interval to see exactly when I got to 8.5 on the strip.
Electrolyte was EXACTLY 10.6 grams anhydrous (baked, bicarbonate of Soda) and went as clear as a bell (Kephra!) this time. (will be leaving the washing soda for the moment).

I run on Maltodextrin for while and almost every time 20 ppm ends up with clear batch then add 267 mg Maltodextrin and 8 min in microwave and in 5 min  getting reduced to light green/yellow color clear as water. Use baking soda as electrolyte per Kephra prescription 1.5 ml and cold run.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:07:17 AM by alexp5 »

Offline WayneInPHX

• Expert
  • Participant
  • Witty saying goes here... Ok--> "42"
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2017, 05:36:14 AM »

Per the formula PPM * Water Volume * 0.014 I got the amount as 40 x 1000 x 0.014 = 560mg (0.56g)
I rounded this up to 0.6g but wondered if I had enough.

My Malto calculator says 534 mg for 1000mL of 40ppm, so 600 should do nicely.
It is based on having Malto with a average of 16 binding points per molecule out of a range of 6 to 40

According to the calculator, the ABSOLUTE max would be: 1335 mg for 40 binding points down to 200 mg for 6 binding points.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 05:49:05 AM by WayneInPHX »
Most of us don’t listen with the intent to understand.  We listen with the intent to reply.  -  From a TED Talk

"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"

GO2GUY

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2017, 07:32:02 PM »
Hello Everybody,
Thank you every body for the responses. There have been so many great responses to this, I didn't know exactly how to respond to all of them with out righting a book.
   Well the good news is, I have now made 3 gallons more gallons in the last 2 days , and it has all came out Crystal clear,

The only 2 thing I have changed is:

The amperage, instead of running at 10 ma, I am now running 3ma for 368 minutes [1104 milliamp minutes]  for a total of about 6 hours on the stove at low, I am using the same natural local grown honey for a reducer and its beautifully crystal clear.  [The honey I get is from my landlords house in the middle of wild woods, filled with Florida pines, Saw palmettos and Brazilian with no commercial crops in over 20 miles, so its about as natural as you can get for honey now adays]

2 I made a new batch of sodium carbonate solution [100 ml], It seemed that my first batch of solution stated getting translucent clouds, so I made new batch Saturday and made sure everything was sterile , and checked this batch this morning and it is also developing clouds,  So im not sure whats going .

What is the shelf life on mixed electrolyte solution ? 

Also is the sodium carbonate after being baked stable for extended storage ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I regards to some of the previous comments about my dogs.,  My eldest dog has breast cancer tumors and lymph node tumors is likely to die in the next year. If it wasn't for colloidal silver I would have had to put her down 2 weeks ago,
A skin tag developed on the tip of her eye lid about 6 months ago and has been slowly growing until about 3 weeks ago, when a tumor grew at the base of the skin tag in the middle of her eye brow, . a week later the tumor was the size of a thumb, and when I woke up she was bleeding out of her tear duct and her whole face was covered in blood, this was approximately 2 weeks ago, I broke down in tears because as of that day I knew I would likley have  to put her down as she was suffering because of the tumor in her eye , Ironically I had some Sovereign silver IS and I decided to put it in her eye. the next day the tumor was about half size [it seemed the majority of the size was inflammation] and she was full of energy and felt much better as she was spunky again and very happy. . I continued this for about 3 days and the tumor started to dissipate and I figured she was probably fine and so for 2 days gave her no silver. on the second day when I woke up and the tumor was re-swollen and she was bleeding out of her tear duct again although not near as badly as the first time ].

So the moral of story is my Dog is 12 years old and is going to die , I don't know how much longer, but I am certain if it wasn't for colloidal silver I would have had to put her down 2 weeks ago, and at this moment in time have no plan of taking her off of colloidal silver silver until the day she dies I have been putting it in her bowl daily and putting a drop of colloidal silver in her eye and a drop of 20/80 dmso/collidial silver on the tumor its self in her eye brow. .

I was initially perplexed by the first comment of. 
P.S.
Assuming you thought it was unfit for human consumption, why would give it to dogs? Do you hate dogs? Does your dog(s) have a condition for which it requires antibiotics? How would giving your dog a remedy (which you untrust) be good for said dogs? I think your "green at any cost" leanings should be re-evaluated ... Dogs deserve better, global warming is a hoax, Obama's birth certificate is (still) fake, and God bless President Trump!!!

As I love my dogs dearly and Give them nothing but the best in everything I do. But after thinking about it, he stated it was an assumption and he did not understand the full situation, also I could see how he mis understood my statement of:

Should I not use these latest batches OR just give it to the dogs
In other words I was saying if they were not safe, I would not use them at all including for my dogs, BUT if they are safe and just turbid then I would just give them to my dogs.

Either way Thanks to this Forum I am now making High quality Colloidal sliver, and my dog seems to have a Another year of good life , presuming I don't stop giving her Colloidal silver.

Below is a quart of the gallon I made last night, Its beautifully clear!

EDIT : I forgot to that the majority skin tag turned into a scab and actually fell off, leaving clean skin under it [pretty crazy]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:42:54 PM by GO2GUY »

Online kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2017, 08:43:36 PM »
2 I made a new batch of sodium carbonate solution [100 ml], It seemed that my first batch of solution stated getting translucent clouds, so I made new batch Saturday and made sure everything was sterile , and checked this batch this morning and it is also developing clouds,  So im not sure whats going .
The shelf life of sodium carbonate in a stoppered bottle is years.  It doesn't go bad, and the only things that would make it cloudy is using contaminated water to mix it or mis-measuring the amount or powder so that it is at saturation.
The pH of 1 Molar sodium carbonate is about 10, and that will precipitate any metals that is in the water causing cloudiness.  Municipal water suppliers use this very fact to remove unwanted metals from the water they process.

Its great that you have a source for GMO free honey.  Most of us do not, so I do not recommend its use.  Even if its pure, honey can contain metals like cadmium, mercury, lead, and arsenic from the air and the ground the plants grow on.  Corn syrup has none of these.

I am sorry to hear about your dog.  I went through this with my Jack Russel,  During the last 2 years of her life, I gave her nothing to drink but colloidal silver.  I think it prolonged her life.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Art

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2017, 10:38:52 PM »
My eldest dog has breast cancer tumors and lymph node tumors is likely to die in the next year.

Read about graviola for dogs with cancer. Tumors in the lymph system will likely speed up the process.

Art

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
    • Social SilverTron Facebook Portal
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2017, 12:20:33 AM »

Per the formula PPM * Water Volume * 0.014 I got the amount as 40 x 1000 x 0.014 = 560mg (0.56g)
I rounded this up to 0.6g but wondered if I had enough.

My Malto calculator says 534 mg for 1000mL of 40ppm, so 600 should do nicely.
It is based on having Malto with a average of 16 binding points per molecule out of a range of 6 to 40

According to the calculator, the ABSOLUTE max would be: 1335 mg for 40 binding points down to 200 mg for 6 binding points.

Thanks Wayne,

Much appreciated. Interesting points these. I read your post with Kephra when you were working out your calcs. I guess that's where the slight discrepancy has arisen between what your spreadsheet is turning out and the numbers in my calc above.

With the variable in chain length with malto I guess there is no way of knowing what you actually have in the jar (to a point). I'm guessing the same "rules" apply with malto as Karo. More doesn't hurt.
With that in mind I'm curious as to what your comment relates to when you say absolute max. Do you mean the most you could / should ever need based on the lowest chain length?

(Assuming I've got that the right way round of course)

Would also appreciate some feedback on the most successful batches you get and your process.

I've kind of decided that 20ppm is fine for me if I need a quick fix but then "I HAVE THE POWER"
Family and friends rely on the guy with the power! So I'm making 320 as a capped internal for everyone but having a few that want to use it externally.

My own thought (rightly or ignorantly) is that naked would be a bit more effective. I know Kephra has thoughts on this from previous posts) but it does feel right that naked silver would be free from the start so to speak.

So, I'm wanting to do 40ppm naked and 320 capped as my offerings to sick people.
(Including now my staff too!!!!! - they have no excuse not to come to work then😬

Personally, I've found (as I think Art suggested) not to go so hot.
So try to aim for 35 - 40 degrees tops.

Adding 1ml sodium for a litre, then adding all of the 0.56g (rounded to 0.6g) of malto.
The. Heating to 35-40 then at 15ma running the process.

It produces beautifully but then did seem to go a little bit turbid close to the end.

Do you spread out your malto over batch time or dunk the lot in at the start like I did?

I tried to load that spread sheet you used but it closes / crashes every time.
Really wanted to play about that :-)

Offline Argentum

• Participant
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 03:07:01 PM »
Dean, 40 PPM non-capped Colloidal Silver  has been my go-to for a while. I'm using a 1 qt (.95l) mason jar but treat it as though it was a full liter. I heat the DW in a 900W microwave for 3 minutes. This gets it warm to hot, but not so hot that one can't pickup the jar.

Add the 1ml of sodium carbonate and stir.
Set up the electrodes and start the process, leaving it being gently stirred the whole time.
Once the proper time has passed it gets a big drop of Karo right from the bottle (this is changing as I now have 50/50 Karo).

No stirring, I just leave the jar sit until reduced. It turns out slightly darker then 20 PPM, but also crystal clear. I think I have a thread on it someplace here. If so I'll post a link.

Argentum

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2017, 04:00:02 PM »
Thank you Argentum,

So for 40 you treat more or less as 20 but with just electrolysis with heat first.
(adding the reducing at the end per "cold made" 20ppm)

Generalization here but I'm guessing on that basis, any PPM could be done that way if heat alone allowed for
solubility up the intended ppm with reduction added at the end.
The exception being where solubility cannot be obtained with heat alone (even up to boiling) where reduction
would be needed during electrolysis to Reduce faster than you produce.

That heat (3 mins) I reckon is about right then. That's gonna be no more than about 40 or so at a rough guess.
I always get confused between your posts and Art's (apologies for that)

I've looked a few times through the getting started recipes and although I've convinced myself that I've seen one,
I'm wondering if Kephra has got a 40ppm receipe.

I kind of feel like I've passed the point of needing a fair bit of the starter info as I can now use my own experience of
previous batches but its always nice to have it jotted down (as a relative newcomer).
Easy to confuse yourself on a few points based on what you're actually running.
Now was it 1ml of that or 1ml of the ..........  ;D
I'm getting my little crib sheets up together for when I haven't done a particular run for a little while and need a refresher though.

Thanks

All!

Online kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 07:16:06 PM »
I've looked a few times through the getting started recipes and although I've convinced myself that I've seen one,
For ppm above 20, you should add the corn syrup at the start.  You need to make the rate of reduction faster than the rate of production.  Otherwise, the silver oxide will precipitate.   Silver oxide is more soluble in hot water, so if you start with hot water, you can add it after.  The solubility is twice as great at 80C as it is at 25C/
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Argentum

• Participant
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2017, 08:13:26 PM »
Thank you Argentum,

So for 40 you treat more or less as 20 but with just electrolysis with heat first.
(adding the reducing at the end per "cold made" 20ppm)

Yes, exactly. There is some reduction that takes place as at the end the color is a very feint yellow. There are some posts about heat being able to reduce, along with hydrogen also being able to reduce.

Generalization here but I'm guessing on that basis, any PPM could be done that way if heat alone allowed for
solubility up the intended ppm with reduction added at the end.
The exception being where solubility cannot be obtained with heat alone (even up to boiling) where reduction
would be needed during electrolysis to Reduce faster than you produce.

I'm not sure how high in PPM you can go without the reducer in the solution. At 40 PPM I get absolutely no precipitation of silver. As mentioned there is some reduction before the Karo is added.

That heat (3 mins) I reckon is about right then. That's gonna be no more than about 40 or so at a rough guess.
I always get confused between your posts and Art's (apologies for that)

That may be a little low (40* C), it is subjective as different folks can handle different levels of heat before dropping the container. Try it and see how it works out. No problem.

Easy to confuse yourself on a few points based on what you're actually running.
Now was it 1ml of that or 1ml of the ..........  ;D
I'm getting my little crib sheets up together for when I haven't done a particular run for a little while and need a refresher though.

Thanks

All!

I have a text file on my desktop with all kinds of colloidal gold & Colloidal Silver information. Conversion equations, amounts of sodium carbonate for various volumes of electrolyte, and so on. I'm always referring to it before runs.

Argentum

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2017, 09:02:17 PM »
For ppm above 20, you should add the corn syrup at the start.  You need to make the rate of reduction faster than the rate of production.  Otherwise, the silver oxide will precipitate.   Silver oxide is more soluble in hot water, so if you start with hot water, you can add it after.  The solubility is twice as great at 80C as it is at 25C/

Ah, so realistically then, 40ppm is possibly about as close as one could get to maximum solubility without adding reducing agent at the start.

I am getting more aware of these points but it's nice to have benchmarks / maximums and minimums broadly on your minds eye.

Argentum,

Totally agree with you in the text file thing.
I've got on on my phone now. Trouble is, I also have on my work laptop, home pc, MacBook da di da di da

Online kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2017, 09:30:40 PM »
Ah, so realistically then, 40ppm is possibly about as close as one could get to maximum solubility without adding reducing agent at the start.
Not only that, but you have to a stronger stabilizer -  reducing/capping agent as you go higher in ppm.
Gelatin always works for capping, but it is slow.
Agents with higher molecular mass are stronger.
So in order of stabilizer power:
Corn syrup or glucose is the weakest.
Maltose (2 glucose chain)
Maltodexrin (3 to 17 glucose chain)
CVS Easy Fibre (Dextrin 18+ glucose chain) (this works pretty good for colloidal gold)
Cinnamon extract is probably good higher than that. (Polyphenol based)
Gelatin is the strongest. (protein based)

GO2GUY

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2017, 09:39:33 PM »
Thank you Kephra for your reply earlier ,
 Im' happy to say my dog is definitely doing better, I wish I would have took a before and after picture of the tumor in her eye brow/lid,   as of right now its looks almost non existent. What better is I now have gallons of this stuff to give away to friends in family, I thought about selling it, but I don't know to how to do so legally, and with out liability [hexhimer reaction] further more most people don't have a clue what it is, so every time tell somebody  I have Educate them . . . SMH. So Right now I am just giving it away and telling friends in family , what I have spent, how much it cost commercially to buy this  and then say donations are welcome. . . ;)

The shelf life of sodium carbonate in a stoppered bottle is years.  It doesn't go bad, and the only things that would make it cloudy is using contaminated water to mix it or mis-measuring the amount or powder so that it is at saturation.
The pH of 1 Molar sodium carbonate is about 10, and that will precipitate any metals that is in the water causing cloudiness.  Municipal water suppliers use this very fact to remove unwanted metals from the water they process.

Very interesting. . . so now i'm wondering where the contaminates may have come. . .I can think of potential steps, but not sure, let me know what you think. Heres my process:

**I bake it in glass bowl, for hours in the oven open to the air in the oven, BUT. . . my oven when its turns on always it  smell like pizza due small ammounts of residue at the bottom of the oven [not sure if that would contaminate it thru the air]

***Once out of the oven, I skoop it out with a metal butter knife, onto a metal lid, which is sitting on the scale so that I can measure it. [Every thing is clean but not sure the metal could contaminate it]
Once measured at 10.6 grahams

****I put about 70ml of DW into a measuring glass, heat it up in the microwave until warm and then pour the powder  from the lid into the measuring cup and stir vigorously,  I then slowly fill with water to exactly the 100 ml mark [I heat the water because when I mix it cold, it crystalizes at the bottom], I then pour it into a sterile container.

also side notes
Could it be that I am using arm and hammer baking soda?

Could it be Dust in the air?
 Thanks for any responses

Online kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2017, 10:12:45 PM »
Why bake it so long?  How long does it take to bake a cake because that time is sufficient.  When I did it, I heated mine in a stainless sauce pan until it stopped giving off steam (condensing on a cold glass lid).
When you weigh, do you tare the scale before adding the powder?  You may be experiencing the auto-zero function which makes your weight inaccurate and higher than you want.

GO2GUY

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2017, 10:17:38 PM »
yep I tare, it,
I bake for a long time because the first time I did 30 minutes it did not seem long enough because it was in a bowl[layered high] also and my first couple of batches were no good, so the only thing I could think of was to bake it longer. since I read there was no harm in that

now I still have same baked powder in a bowl in a Ziploc. . .

Does the the sodium carbonate turn back to sodium bicarbonate after being baked and stored.?
Do you need to rebake it each time after being stored?