Author Topic: the sodium citrate the same  (Read 11601 times)

Thisguy27

Re: the sodium citrate the same
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2014, 04:17:41 AM »
do i keep in fridge or room temp

Prince Angel

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2014, 04:57:06 AM »
room temp.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2014, 12:36:04 PM »
i cant find the link to how to store colloidal gold once its made. do i keep in fridge? is it light sensitive? thanks again
Its not light sensitive, but it may grow mold.  If you are going to store it, boil it first, then refrigerate for best results.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

tinhorn

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2015, 02:31:17 AM »
If you use the citrate method, it takes a long time.
Instead:
250ml cold distilled water
1 ml gold chloride (20) drops
10 drops 1 M sodium carbonate
20 drops of corn syrup mixture (1/2 water and 1/2 corn syrup)

Heat it in the microwave for 2 minutes
Done.
Use a different dropper for the gold so you don't contaminate the bottle of gold chloride. 

Am I missing something?  Is this the actual, complete recipe?  Two minutes from start to finish?! 

I presume that if one uses a 700 watt microwave it must cook longer.  Heck, I just watched the youtube video for the hundredth time and then ordered all my stuff (including sodium citrate) from Amazon.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2015, 02:35:12 AM »
Yes, thats it. Watch through microwave door,  and the conversion is rapid once it starts.  You can also use 1/2 teaspoon of maltodextrin instead of the corn syrup.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

tinhorn

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2015, 02:39:00 AM »
Its not light sensitive, but it may grow mold.  If you are going to store it, boil it first, then refrigerate for best results.

Please don't laugh.  If I wanted to bottle it for long-term storage, could I mix it with 100 proof vodka?  If so, what ratio would you suggest?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2015, 01:17:26 PM »
If you want to bottle it, then maltodextrin is a better choice.  Boil it, then add 10% heat reduced colloidal silver to it.  I haven't tried this, but it should work.

Bovus2000

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2015, 12:52:20 PM »
Tinhorn, if you were using a Ball canning jar that was sterilized, I would think you could just put on a canning lid after reaching full boil. It would seal and you would be good until breaking the seal.

tinhorn

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2015, 07:58:51 PM »
I'm sure you're right, Bovus.  For the time being I'll just make small batches for the week.  I'm anxious to experiment with Kephra's suggestion above, but I need to learn how to make heat reduced colloidal silver first.

I'm rethinking the whole need for long-term storage, though.  As easy as it is to make colloidal gold in a microwave (or presumably over a campfire) it makes more sense to me to stockpile the gold chloride itself, as its shelf life is indefinite.  I don't know why it's unavailable in other countries, but it sure would be unfortunate if the US followed suit.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2015, 12:45:06 AM »
To "sterilize" a canning jar requires a pressure cooker to get the temp high enough - just like if you can.  Then when you relieve the pressure after its cooled enough so it won't blow up on you open the top and the first thing you do before removing the jars is to tighten the lids to seal.

How would you do this with CGW?  Seems like a lot of work to me.  And then the first time you opened the jar, it would be exposed to air and if a mold spore thats floating in the air settle on it, oh well.

It'd be interesting to see if Kephras 10% colloidal silver "hybrid" idea works as well as we both think it would.  Yeah, it'd make the stuff about 35-36PPM but so what?  You drink a little more if even thats necessary.

tinhorn

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2015, 02:12:27 AM »
I read this thread again last night.  It sounds as though 10% colloidal silver doesn't necessarily protect from whatever little cooties are growing in the colloidal gold. 

I discovered that a 10% alcohol content preserves wines at room temperature, so I'm guessing it would do the same for colloidal gold.  In order to preserve the desired gold content, would it be acceptable to reduce the water in the recipes by 10%?  Well, it would have to be reduced by 20% if 100-proof (50%) vodka was used as a preservative.  Changing 250 mL to 200 mL doesn't seem problematic, but I don't know enough to guess if changing 50mL to 40mL is wise.

Doesn't seem practical to go to such trouble to preserve a 40 or 50 ppm batch, but it might be worth it to preserve a stash of 250 ppm colloidal gold.

rixmix

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2015, 07:24:50 PM »
You want ruby red. Purple is not good.
Why is purple "not good". I made colloidal gold with gold chloride from SaltLakeMetals using the instructions and sodium citrate sample they sent with my order. The 250ml batch came out a beautiful ruby red but after three days I noticed a slight shift to a darker shade with a purple tinge. Still very red though. Is this OK to use and why the change?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2015, 08:18:27 PM »
As detailed in the Articles, the color of nanoparticles is determined by their size.  If the particles are shifting toward blue, they are growing in size.  Blue gold particles are larger and less effective than red.  It won't hurt you, it just won't do as much good.