Author Topic: Possible 40ppm cold  (Read 5218 times)

Online kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Possible 40ppm cold
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2017, 05:02:55 PM »
since i do not notice any reaction when i combine the hymalayan sea salt or even other sea salt solutions with my IS before use do you think this might be an indication that my IS is not up to scratch or is it the case that since i use it almost immediately it simply does not have enough time to react to the persence of salt.
The salt reaction is very fast, in seconds. 
How do you know your IS is 20 ppm?
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline emanwols

• Participant
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2017, 07:16:30 PM »
 i dont know for a fact that i am making 20ppm IS   but i use  clean water, correct(ish)  electrolyte amount,  timing and constant current.  nothing else that i know of since my time on this forum. i know no other way of determining ppm except for these stated parameters as defined in the  "articles section" of this very informative website.cheers
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 07:23:47 PM by emanwols »

Online kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2017, 07:23:45 PM »
If you mean distilled water, then you are on the money. 
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline emanwols

• Participant
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2017, 07:24:27 PM »
yes DW

Offline emanwols

• Participant
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2017, 07:30:28 PM »
Why do you think that the reaction with saline is immediate with 40ppm that has been reduced but not very noticable with 20ppm IS or even Colloidal Silver

Offline emanwols

• Participant
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2017, 07:35:46 PM »
the colour change to light purple is immediate/ instant

Online kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2017, 08:47:51 PM »
With ionic silver, you are converting to silver chloride which is white and insoluble.
With silver nanoparticles, you are destroying the electrostatic repulsion between the particles causing them to collide and agglomerate into larger particle.

Offline nano-silver

• Participant
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2018, 02:08:25 AM »
I know it is an old topic but I don't quite get it with this colour change, must be missing something

40 ppm IS reduced -> 40 ppm Colloidal Silver then add saline -> instant colour change  (electro static repulsion destroyed, bigger particles -> change in colour)

20 ppm Colloidal Silver then add saline -> hardly any noticeable colour change

As I understand the 40 ppm Colloidal Silver there is very noticeable colour change, but with half concentration hardly colour change. Is that less agglomeration, I am thinking half concentration perhaps expect "half noticeable' colour change?

20 ppm IS add saline -> instant silver cloride coming out of solution, white fog in beaker or settle on bottom?  But whichever should that not be readily noticeable.