Author Topic: Rookie Seeking Guidance...  (Read 1693 times)

endmile

Rookie Seeking Guidance...
« on: February 19, 2018, 09:56:24 PM »
Hi Group! I have a few questions and am hopeful that a few Colloidal Silver producing pros might help me out. I felt it might be easiest to follow by first list the components of what I built, then explain the prep I did and finally  the brewing process and then a photo of what was created and how long I brewed for. Before I do I wanted to add that this was my very first batch, so I had no stock to mix in.

Components of the Colloidal Silver Generator:

-Power - Mean Well SP-240-30 AC to DC Power Supply Output 30V (adjustable) 8 amp 240W
While this was generating I checked voltage and it showed 30v at both power supply wire connectors and wires connect to silver bars.
-Silver Bars - two 1 oz silver bars .9999 purchased from APMEX. Bars were place about 1.5 - 2 inches apart with face of bars facing each other.
-Container - A one gallon glass container (little over a gallon).
-Distilled Water - Purchased from Walmart TDS reading was 0 ppm.

Preparations:
-Silver Bars soaked in vinegar and salt for 10-15 mins. Then rinsed with distilled water, then cleaned with vodka and finally rinsed with distilled water and dried.
-Contain first cleaned with distilled water, then cleaned with vodka then rinsed with distilled water again and dried and filled with distilled water. Probably too much but don't want to turn blue.

Brewing:
While brewing the container was loosely covered with plastic wrap. Once every hour I gently stirred and also switched positive and negative on the power. I also took TDS readings starting at about the 5 hour mark and also used a laser to check for particles and everything looked like it was going great just taking a long time which was ok because I was just working around the house. I started the brewing yesterday at 3:00pm and finally stopped after about 13 hours and the TDS reading was 16 ppm. I guess my brain was telling me that Colloidal Silver with a reading of 16 ppm should not look as dark as mine did, but what do I know I am a rookie. I think I also stopped because the color made me second guess myself that I was doing it correctly and felt something had gone wrong.

So here is a photo of what I produced, I have not added a Corn Syrup (reducing agent) nor Sodium Carbonate to this batch. Please don't tell me I need to throw it out....LOL

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Rookie Seeking Guidance...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 10:25:07 PM »
You cannot make good colloidal silver with a 30v constant voltage supply.  You have to control current. 

Polarity switching is neither necessary or helpful....its harmful.

Yes, you need to throw it out.

Please read the Articles section, especially the numbered ones.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

endmile

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 11:10:11 PM »
Ok thank you I will go to that section right now. Would this jug that I made even be a bad idea for topically use; cuts, scrapes and burns? Seeing that I can adjust the voltage on this power supply what voltage is optimal voltage? Hoping a pulse isn't required. If that is the case I will just return the power supply and give up on making my own, not at all interested in buying a pre made setup.

For anyone interested in where I came up with this setup (to avoid it I guess) I followed this video to the letter as it was highly recommended to me from others that make their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhFWVaZhKcY

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 11:25:12 PM »
I wouldn't use that for anything.

Read the articles, then you will be able to answer your own questions.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 06:30:57 PM »
 I couldn’t resist, I had to leave a comment on that video because they are so far off base that it’s scary!  And that is the 1st negative comment I have ever left on a YouTube video.  😱

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

endmile

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 11:09:06 PM »
Hi Bobby!

Thanks so much for leaving a message on that video, I will as well once I figure out what I'm doing...lol I have seen other newbies in this forum asking about making Colloidal Silver with 30 volt setup so I imagine they are in the same boat as me. On quick question for you, seeing that on my power supply I can adjust the voltage down on it to whatever I want. I can still use this correct? I did read the great straight forward articles on here and was going to follow that for my next batch. For my crazy looking apple cider looking stuff I produced, do you feel using this as a topical solution could be bad? After reading all the articles I still don't understand what I did wrong outside of using 30 volts, not using sodium carbonate nor corn syrup. It would help me better understand why I got what I got.  Thanks!

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 11:39:08 PM »
You have to control current.  As long as voltage is above 10, with controlled current you are good to go.

endmile

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 05:09:44 PM »
Ok thanks I appreciate it, next batch I will try lowering the current on my power supply. Last quick question, as a rule of thumb should I use running time and laser instead of using those dip in TDS testers to determine PPM?

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 07:06:03 PM »
The only determinant of ppm is the current and time.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 07:27:15 PM »
endmile:  You haven't read the articles yet, have you?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 07:39:42 PM by kephra »

endmile

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 08:59:33 PM »
Thanks for the help! :) And I'm off like a heard of turtles...

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 10:13:56 PM »
endmile,

Until you really understand the articals, it will be impossible to answer all your questions. You have to be using the techniques in the articals for us to be able to help you.  From right now all I can tell that is right is you are using DW. 

All you can change on your power supply is voltage. You have no current control.  I tried it that way too when I first wanted to make colloidal silver and hadn’t found this forum yet. My results were just about like yours.

I must insist that you throw what you have made out. There is no way to know what you have or how strong it is.  Putting it on you skin would be a crapshoot at best.

Without using an electrolyte you can’t figure the current and time to get the ppm.

Without the reducer all you will have is silver oxide or a very unstable colloidal Silver at best if there is no contamination.

Then there is the question of “do you want to use stirring or heat or both”

The lazer is pretty much useless...we don’t need it with Kephra’s system.

The ppm meter only works for distilled water or checking how impure your other sources of water are.

Kephra has created a really simple process if you follow the formula to the milliliter & second and use his equipment. You can make your own equipment to use with his formula but you have to know how to build it. I haven’t seen any other over the counter retail sold colloidal silver generators that will make anything but silver oxide. They have built in stops for their set ppm and it’s so low it makes the units useless. I know because I have 2 so called colloidal silver generators from popular bullshitters that are very expensive paper weights. 

For me trying to build my own version without the awesome programming that Kephra has built into the SilverTron system is a non starter. I could try to put one together but then I would have to stand there and monitor it for anywhere from 20 minutes to 6 hours. That’s worth paying a few extra bucks for as far as I’m concerned.

Lastly you will never be able to make quality colloidal silver without reading and understanding the articals and comments from Kephra and a lot of the members.  It takes a lot of time for some people like myself I have over 20 DAYS TOTAL OF READING AND LEARNING ON THIS FORUM ALONE.  If anything has sounded offensive, it was not ment to be.  I get excited when someone discoverers the healing powers of colloidal silver and I say go for it but do it the proven way.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Bobby

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 07:37:14 PM »
I couldn’t resist, I had to leave a comment on that video because they are so far off base that it’s scary!  And that is the 1st negative comment I have ever left on a YouTube video.  😱

Bobby

Hope you didn't waste too much time putting a comment on that video Bobby because they have removed it. That alone says truck loads on their 'blind leading the blind' methods. They talk like they are the experts, while they themselves know less than a smattering beyond the people they are educating. I saw this video way back when I was digging for information on Colloidal Silver but was nervous when I saw their end product that looked like the picture Endmile has posted in this thread.

Endmile,
Read the numbered posts in the Articles section of this forum to get an understanding of this process. Current control is of the utmost importance in this process, along with using an electrolyte and reducer. Shortcutting any of the information and steps provided here will not help you. Test 1 cup batches until you nail it. This will save you time and money.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 08:30:53 PM »
Neofizz.

I did it mainly to see how quick they removed it. When you compare the views with the comments you know they are deleting negative feedback. Pretty scary stuff they make.

Bobby

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 01:10:13 AM »
Scary is a figurative understatement concerning that site and the information they provide. And unlike this site, it is obvious to me that they are not the least bit concerned with peoples health and well being. Just the Almighty Dollar. And when you posted your negative comment all they could see was dollars with wings that are flying out the window.

The hazy dark curtain that lies in front of this old branch of science and every site out there that claims to understand it's secrets has been completely withdrawn by Kephra so we can see it in a bright shining light, unlike all other places.

As a person with a strong science and chemistry education I was easily able to see the contradictions and falsehoods found everywhere else on the web concerning this topic. It left me very unsure about the accuracy and validity of this. And just as I was about to completely give up on this branch of science as well as mankind itself for how corrupt and evil it had become, I discovered this site/forum. And along with it came a community of people I have never met before in my life. A community of honest, caring, helpful people that had no concern for what was in my wallet but instead were only concerned with helping me get this right. I have completely devoured every single post like I was some sort of information sponge and not concerned with the hundreds of hours it took me, for I have spent more time on less worthy endeavors in my days.

Endmile,
You have a better piece of equipment than I did when I first arrived here. All I had was an old printer power supply, a voltmeter, a couple of silver electrodes a jeweler made for me a decade ago and a few resistors along with some basic electronics knowledge on how to arrange the resistors so the current could be controlled. All I had to purchase was an accurate ammeter and a variable resistor pot so I could watch and adjust the current as the process proceeded. I already had some baking soda that I could convert into washing soda and some glucose left over from a candy making venture. The simple formula that Kephra provides here made it possible for me to test the theories he presents here and accurately produce a 20 ppm colloidal silver solution as well as be able to reproduce it multiple times with accuracy. After I proved to myself that everything he is teaching here is absolutely accurate I was more than willing shell out the money to purchase the Silvertron Elite box that he engineered and constructs, basically to make the process simpler. The last bit of equipment I purchased was a stirring hotplate which is not absolutely necessary but is convenient.

Once again, only make a cup at a time (Pyrex measuring cup?) as this only takes about ten minutes (for 20 ppm) using the methods outlined on this forum. This way you won't be spending for ever to nail it and won't be wasting a lot of water, ingredients and silver.  Once you nail it, then you can concern yourself with the different ways it can be used to deal with specific problems.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."