Author Topic: What do you think about this color and method?  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: What do you think about this color and method?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2019, 08:28:49 PM »
The easiest way is to probably make it after dark in a room without fluorescent lighting. LED lighting or incandescent lighting would do nicely.

I use LED light bulbs these days and they do not produce ultraviolet radiation. White light LED's are actually blue (not UV) LEDs where there's a phosphor in the plastic above the die which translates that wavelength of blue light to white light at the color temperature the bulb documentation says it is.  This is why sometimes with cheaper LEDs or flashlights, when you shine a spot on a wall after dark, you see a faint blue halo around the spot.  Thats blue light leaking out around the perimeter of the phosphor coating that doesn't get converted (basically the manufacturer cheaping out on the amount of phosphor they use by not fully coating the lense part over the LED).  These days, white LEDs have improved drastically but I still see a cheap one once and a while thats got the blue halo.  I can't say I've seen any LED light bulbs that have ever done this though.

Fluorescent lighting does emit ultraviolet radiation.  They're mercury vapor lamps which produce a lot of UV. The inside of the bulb is coated with a phosphor material that transforms UV to the visible light spectrum but some UV still leaks through, especially near the ends of the bulbs which are never coated fully.

Incandescent lighting does not emit UV at all.

muhendisane

Re: What do you think about this color and method?
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2019, 10:14:44 AM »
@gene thanks for detailed information.