Author Topic: A question for forum members making 320 PPM Colloidal Silver  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Art

• Expert
  • Participant
A question for forum members making 320 PPM Colloidal Silver
« on: August 22, 2019, 01:06:37 AM »
I am just wondering what exact temperature you are making your 320 ppm batches at?

Art

pawelk

Re: A question for forum members making 320 PPM colloidal silver
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 03:56:42 AM »
Approx. 85 degrees (C), try not to go over that.

Online Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 04:00:59 PM »
I run my 320 ppm batches at about 80 C.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

muhendisane

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 05:16:28 PM »
Kephra says around 200 F / 93 C, so im making it around this.

1- Is there a new update for the formula to make it around 80 C?

2- What is the technical reason for this?

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 05:34:41 PM »
Either is fine. Just simmer the distilled water. The temperature is not critical.

Offline Art

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 01:22:27 AM »
Kephra says around 200 F / 93 C, so im making it around this.

1- Is there a new update for the formula to make it around 80 C?

2- What is the technical reason for this?

Using 80 c or 85 c temp will produce larger particle size and a wider spread in the particle size range produced which may not be the most desirable situation or effect based on previous studies discussing particle size and effectiveness in neutralizing pathogens of multiple types. Larger particles will be less toxic to normal cells, but also less toxic to the targeted pathogens.

There is a sweet spot that we are focusing on where we get the proper size particle in a relatively tight spread range of particle sizes. Kephra has it right!

Art
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 07:06:30 PM by Art »

axkman

Re: A question for forum members making 320 PPM Colloidal Silver
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 02:11:56 AM »
If Kephra says the ideal temperature is 93 C for making Colloidal Silver. Uhm. Am I not making too small particles if i make my 20 ppm batch at room temperature? Or is the 93 C temperature only needed for higher ppm batches?

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 09:33:26 AM »
I *think* too-high temperature was mentioned as being bad with gelatin because it harms the gelatin somehow, but I have ran 320ppm close to boiling temp without adverse effects. It should be fine.

You can make Colloidal Silver cold. This is not just limited to 20 PPM. I do 100 PPM cinnamon-reduced cold because cinnamon is an extremely reliable and quick reducer. And I tend to get less turbidity when limiting temperature. Except for gel-capped where it doesn't seem to have a bad effect.

You can easily tell if particle size is bad. Color will be shifted into the green spectrum. As long as your Colloidal Silver is greenish-yellow to yellow to orange yellow, particle size is in an okay range. Obviously yellow is ideal. I have not been able to produce Colloidal Silver with too small particles no matter the temperature and which other variables changed. I would be surprised if you were able to achieve dangerously small particle size easily or by accident. It doesn't seem to usually occur.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 09:38:59 AM by SaltyCornflakes »

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2020, 12:22:20 PM »
If Kephra says the ideal temperature is 93 C for making Colloidal Silver. Uhm. Am I not making too small particles if i make my 20 ppm batch at room temperature? Or is the 93 C temperature only needed for higher ppm batches?
Please show me the post where I said 93 was ideal so I can correct it.
An exact temperature is not necessary, and I don't measure it.
When bubbles form on the bottom of my flask but dont break the surface, its hot enough.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 06:07:22 AM »
   I always track the temp with 2 glass thermometers (1 F and 1 C).  150F - 175F and 80C - 85C.  But I am OCD and this is unnecessary. 

As Kephra has told me a few times over the years, “Don’t complicate the process”!  You gotta listen to the big guy.  He is the master when it comes to colloidal silver or colloidal gold for that matter!

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln