Author Topic: 0.6 Molar Sodium Carbonate  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
0.6 Molar Sodium Carbonate
« on: December 13, 2015, 01:01:51 PM »
Hey everybody.
      I was wondering when should 0.6 Molar Sodium Carbonate be used?  With a certain generator or maybe in a certain recipe?  I got delayed on making colloidal silver for the 1st time with my new SilverTron Mini that just came in today. I want to make 2 separate batches of colloidal silver. A 20ppm & 40ppm Karo reduced w/low heat using the Mini. Just  not sure how much electrolyte or white one. (0.6 or 1 molar).

Will the bar vs the silver rod make a difference? I have both. Also have a heated stir plate. And if all goes well, is it ok to pour them together. That would be 500 ml of 30 ppm colloidal silver, RIGHT?

Thanks, Bobby
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 09:09:52 PM by Bobby »
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: 0.6 Molar Sodium Carbonate
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 01:15:49 PM »
Make your solution to 1M strength, and then use 20 drops per liter.  It doesn't matter whether you use the bar or the wire for an anode. 
For the other strength, use 1 drop per ounce.  This is the strength I recommended to Mini users to make it easier for them, since the processing time is also based on ounces.

You do not need to have two separate electrolyte mixtures. (1M or .6M)

There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline reiyel2012

• Participant
  • French Canadien
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 03:48:55 PM »
An other use for 1M solution are for common reference in forum. It's more easy to share the formula people use.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 09:06:47 PM »
Thanks Kephra,

That makes it really simple & fast for the SilverTron Mini.  All these little things you do to make things as simple as possible, goes over my head sometimes. Not many people do that. I'm always looking for aa simpler way & it makes me question everything. Along with not being able to trust people. That's why I like this sight so much. These people rock!  Thanks, Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln