Author Topic: 1st Batch of 320 PPM Colloidal Silver... Anode cleaning question.  (Read 937 times)

Rheaosun

I have read the articles and many of the posts in this sections.  It appears there are mixed posts about cleaning the anode bullion during the 5.5 hour process of making 320 PPM Colloidal Silver. I have a Silvertron Elite 3 and 2 billion anodes I purchased from the Silvertron Store. Do I need to clean or rotate the bullion at any point of the process? Since I have 2 bullions can I alternate them during the cleaning process? I don’t want to screw up my first 320 brew so your help with this issue is greatly appreciated!

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: 1st Batch of 320 PPM colloidal silver... Anode cleaning question.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 01:06:46 AM »
The forum recommends flame cleaning every 30-60 minutes. A lighter will not do. A gas torch or gas stove is needed. You can alternate your anodes between cleaning to keep the run going and others have posted doing so.
I'm not deliberately turning the bar. I also don't have it immersed all the way, maybe a 1/4 to 1/2 inch. This gets me to higher voltages and persuades the anode to erode from the bottom up.

Good luck and let us know how your first run goes.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 05:31:39 AM »
I have been using one of those torch lighters to clean my silver anodes. It works fine, but may take a little longer.

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 03:12:51 PM »
As long as you can get the anode back to a nice clean white with the flame cleaning then it will be fine.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Rheaosun

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 06:28:36 PM »
I have a kitchen torch that works great to fire clean my bullion between batches.  I wasn’t sure about when to clean during a 320 PPM batch as I read conflicting information in the many posts.  I will suspend the process every 30 minutes and switch out my anode bullion.  I assume I need to wipe of the cathode wire at the same time. Correct?

This is also my first time using my new heated stirrer.  I’m a little nervous about regulating the temperature so everything goes great.  Fingers crossed and prayers lifted for a successful brew!

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 06:59:01 PM »
Cleaning the cathode is not strictly necessary,but you can if you want.

Otherwise, good luck with your brewing.

Offline emanwols

• Participant
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 01:25:57 PM »
I use a 100gram bullion bar. I make 1liter batches at 98mA at roughly 70*C at the end of the run. I have never had to clean during the run. No residue always clear when diluted

Offline chrisflhtc

• Participant
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 04:00:34 PM »
I have recently started not cleaning during a 320 run of1L. I run about 18-19ma. I have had no issues so far the maple gets funky but cleans up nice. I got a little happy with the torch and the silver flowed a bit.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 09:26:22 AM »
  Don’t forget to double check the volts and amps anytime you clean or switch out your anode.

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln