Author Topic: Any opinions on www.silver-colloids.com website?  (Read 3266 times)

HonestSkeptic

Any opinions on www.silver-colloids.com website?
« on: July 15, 2015, 09:37:11 AM »
Hello all,

Before coming to this forum, I first went from manufacturer site to manufacturer site reading about Colloidal Silver.  Each company having their own obvious slant (and not all accurate information).  I then came across this site (below), which I still read in addition to the information I get from this forum.  Would I be able to get your opinion of this site (everyone), if you are familiar with it?

http://www.silver-colloids.com

I apologize if this is not the appropriate place to put this in the forum.  This is my first post.

Thank you in advance for your input,

HonestSkeptic

Offline PeterXXL

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: Any opinions on www.silver-colloids.com website?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 10:20:12 AM »
The company "Mesosilver" is behind it, but pretending to be independent. Go figure, they also rank MesoSilver as #1 ;)

Lots of facts mixed with lots of assumptions.

Also, today we know for fact, that it's not just a matter pf particle size, but even more important is the look of the particles (spherical, disc, rods, flat, etc). Also, they are all way wrong what they call "Silver Protein". colloidal silver capped with gelatin if is according to this definition, "Silver Protein". Of colloidal silver is taken orally, then there's only benefits with colloidal silver that is capped with "protein" or other capping agents.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 06:42:39 PM by PeterXXL »

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 01:10:52 PM »
Early in the last century, 'silver protein' was sold in two variations, strong and mild.
It was made by mixing silver nitrate and sodium hydroxide with some form of protein.  This produced silver oxide crystals suspended in the protein gel.  The silver content was 20%. This was then diluted with water to produce either 'mild' or 'strong' silver protein.

'Mild' worked out to be about 20,000 ppm of silver oxide crystals when diluted, and not surprisingly caused argyria if very much was taken.

I assume 'Strong' was just a higher dilution, but have been unable to find the exact strength.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

HonestSkeptic

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 07:12:32 PM »
Thank you for the information.  I wondered about the MesoSilver connection because they come out "on a planet of their own" as far as ranking 1st!  But I have learned a chunk of their information. 

Why would some manufacturer brands like MesoSilver and Utopia have a darker color?  I know it has to do with particle size and the Plasmon Resonance effect, but what does a darker color (brownish) mean - bigger particle size? 

Colloidal Gold is ruby red, is that smaller or larger than Colloidal Silver?  About how big is Colloidal Gold particles being produced the way it is on this forum?

Thank you in advance,

HonestSkeptic

Offline PeterXXL

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 09:26:23 PM »
Darker colors only tells one thing - the size of the nanoparticles disregarding of what they contain. However, when stabilizing agents are used, those molecules are attached to each silver nanoparticle, and the combined particles thereby becomes larger than what the actual silver or gold nanoparticles are.

Offline RickinWI

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 10:07:43 PM »
If a silver particle starts out at 14.0 nm and then is capped with gelatin I wonder how much that increases the diameter of the particle? Would it be something like 14.2nm or something like 16 nm?

Another size question I have been wondering about: when we talk about turbidity as being much larger particles of silver or silver oxide, just how much bigger is that?
Twice as big? 10 times as big? 50 times as big?
So many VARIABLES & so little TIME.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 10:45:43 PM »
To answer the first question, the particle is the same size.

To answer the second question, any increase is bad, but small increases would cause a color shift.  Turbidity is mostly caused by much larger particles of silver oxide precipitate.

There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline RickinWI

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 11:27:49 PM »
Thanks.
So many VARIABLES & so little TIME.

HonestSkeptic

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 10:00:00 AM »
Hello guys,

What is the approximate size of Ruby Red Colloidal Gold?

Thank you in advance.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 11:38:32 AM »
10 to 20 nm.