Author Topic: What was wrong  (Read 8930 times)

atadincselim

Re: What was wrong
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 10:15:43 PM »
Because in step 3 you disconnected the ammeter, you don't need it after step 1.

I mean, if my ammeter shows 6ma in in step1, how much volt should i wait to see at the step 10? Or you mean, set the voltage 10-15volt and wait for 30minutes and close the system thats all.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 10:19:25 PM »
I mean read your ammeter in step one, then compute your run time based on that reading. 

Then at the end you are going to adjust your negative electrode up or down to get 10 to 15 volts on your meter, and then start timing your run.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

atadincselim

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 10:34:05 PM »
And what do you think about the 2 drops RA for 500ml water?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 10:44:32 PM »
Thats ok. 
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

atadincselim

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2016, 05:41:26 PM »
5) Connect the red meter lead to your positive electrode.
6) Connect the black meter lead to your negative electrode.
7) Connect your current regulator directly to the anode.
 Turn on the power and read the voltage across your electrodes

I think there is some mistake. Because when i parallel connect the ammeter to the circuit the voltage shows about 30V. (with water or outside of water) because i am completing the circuit on the ammeter..

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2016, 06:07:24 PM »
There is no mistake.  What that shows is that your regulator does not work.
To recap:  Positive output of regulator goes to positive electrode.
Negative or ground output of regulator goes to negative electrode.
Red meter lead goes to positive electrode.
Black meter lead goes to negative electrode.
Voltmeter set to read volts

With the cell filled with electrolyte and electrodes in the water,  adjust the negative electrode up or down to get 10 to 15 volts.

What current did you read in step #1?

atadincselim

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2016, 06:16:22 PM »
I read 6.04ma at the step 1.
And this is the schema for step 7
I think i am completing the circuit with ammeter.. So screen is always shows 30v when the silvers in the water or out of water

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2016, 06:22:05 PM »
I assume that the object marked 30 VDC is your regulator, not the power supply itself; is that right?

atadincselim

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2016, 06:36:19 PM »
At the down side of picture is my power supply (30v 800ma) and at the top of picture is my regulator has a 7805 and a resistance (r2).

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2016, 06:45:55 PM »
If your power supply is 30 volts, and you regulator works and is connected properly, you should not get more than about 22 volts at your electrodes.  If you are getting 30 volts at the electrodes, something is wrong in your circuitry.

atadincselim

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2016, 07:09:51 PM »
Now i see something new. At the began of eloctrolize ammeter shows 30volt and i wait a few seconds it is coming down.. And stoped about 8volts.. The people who made the regulator said when the current is going up, the voltage is coming down at the between of electodes.. And the ammeter switch as i show at the picture..

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2016, 07:21:45 PM »
The people who made the regulator said when the current is going up, the voltage is coming down at the between of electodes.
Yes, that is what is supposed to happen.  If that is happening, then your regulator is working.  You should lift you negative electrode higher out of the water to bring the voltage up between 10 and 15 volts.

atadincselim

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2016, 07:25:34 PM »
And before the electrolize i tested the ppm of 1lt water with sodium carbonate. The result is 80ppm. How i can made 20ppm Colloidal Silver at the end of 1 hour?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2016, 10:13:26 PM »
20 ppm is the silver content, not the sodium content.  The only thing the TDS meter is good for is testing the quality of your distilled water.  It is meaningless for anything else. 

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2016, 03:37:43 AM »
To restate what Kephra said a different way, there is NO piece of equipment you can buy that will read the PPM of either ionic nor colloidal silver (either at all or definitely not properly).

The ONLY way to tell what PPM you made is to use the current limiter at a fixed current and to calculate the run time based on Faraday's law, run at that current for that amount of time, shut the cell down and believe you have the target PPM (because you do!).

This is not a leap of faith. Kephra verified Faraday's law for the manufacture of ionic silver. The equation works!