Author Topic: Is it necessary to heat up when adding corn syrup solution?  (Read 674 times)

Martian

Is it necessary to heat up when adding corn syrup solution?
« on: September 17, 2020, 01:53:29 PM »
Hello everyone.

I'm quite new to making Colloidal Silver.

I Now have a glass container with 2.5 liters of distilled water on a magnetic stirrer I made with a pc fan and neodymium magnets.

I have two silver rods connected to a DC power supply. Set to 2ma. I followed the instructions on this forum and I was wondering about the upcoming procedures of turning the ionic solution to true colloidal.

Good sir stated that the solution must be heated after adding the corn syrup. Is this absolutely necessary? I do have a heating plate for pans but that's not usable with the stirrer at the same time. Could I not just add the reducing agent while it's cold and wait?

Also I'm using a 1:1 water honey mixture as I do not have access to corn syrup in the land where I live. Does this make any big difference? I do have access to grapeseed extract tablets however I could not find. The dosing for that.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: Is it necessary to heat up when adding corn syrup solution?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 07:18:15 PM »
Yes, you can process cold. You can use glucose or maltose instead of corn syrup.