Author Topic: Which is better, 20ppm or 40ppm?  (Read 1833 times)

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Which is better, 20ppm or 40ppm?
« on: April 08, 2022, 02:05:08 PM »
Which is better, 20ppm or 40ppm?
Copyright 2015 W. G. Peters (aka kephra)

The question often arises on this forum whether a certain  ppm is better than a different ppm for treating infections.

The answer is that ppm itself doesn't matter.  A silver nanoparticle is the same regardless of how much water it is suspended in.   What is important is how many milligrams of silver nanoparticles the person is ingesting. PPM of colloidal silver just tells you how much the silver nanoparticles are diluted with water.  Therefore, we have to work in milligrams of silver, and to know that, the ppm of the colloidal silver must be known so we know how much silver is in a given amount of colloidal silver.

Lab research shows that a solution of 2 to 6 ppm colloidal silver in a test tube is needed to stop an infection.  But the human body is not a test tube, and humans need to consider how much silver is needed to bring the concentration of silver in the blood to the therapeutic range.

There are online blood volume calculators which you use to estimate blood volume in a person.  Once you know the blood volume, you can calculate the amount of milligrams of silver needed to reach a desired concentration in the blood stream.

Suppose a person has 5 liters of blood, and the target is to have the blood reach 6 ppm silver nanoparticles.
Since 1 ppm is 1 milligram of silver in 1 liter of water, we would need 5 liters (blood) times 6 milligrams or 30 milligrams of silver ingested to reach that goal.

To get 30 milligrams of silver, then we need to know the ppm of the colloidal silver so we can calculate the amount needed.
Suppose we made 20ppm colloidal silver.  20 ppm colloidal silver contains 20 mg of silver per liter, and we need 30 mg.  So the person would need to consume 1-1/2 liters a day to reach that goal.

If instead, we made 40ppm colloidal silver, then we would only need 3/4 of a liter of 40ppm colloidal silver to achieve the same silver dosage.  Knowing the ppm of the colloidal silver is important so we can calculate the amount needed, but the efficacy of the silver is not dependent on the amount of water it is suspended in.

Of course, we do not know how much of the ingested silver is absorbed, so it might be necessary to increase the dose.

The only ppm to be concerned about is the ppm of the silver in the person's blood.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 10:00:26 PM by kephra »
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.