Author Topic: What was wrong  (Read 8943 times)

i_vanovich

Re: What was wrong
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2016, 03:11:13 AM »
The ONLY way to tell what PPM you made is to use the current limiter at a fixed current and to calculate the run time based on Faraday's law, run at that current for that amount of time, shut the cell down and believe you have the target PPM (because you do!).
are deviation exist for temp variance in formulae?

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2016, 03:21:51 AM »
There is no temperature variation.  One electron = one atom.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline George

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2016, 06:25:02 AM »
For perfectionist's that want their colloidal silver at an exact PPM I suggest they buy a colloidal silver generator like this:
 http://www.silvertronstore.com/SilverTron-Elite-Automatic-Colloidal Silver-Generator_p_12.html which ensures you of the generated result.

Then they can stop playing with current regulators, timers and how fast they can juggle between the two of them so that their timing/ppm are exact.  ;)
just a suggestion...

i_vanovich

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2016, 07:24:02 AM »
There is no temperature variation.  One electron = one atom.
for heating water

ref: "when you put an electrolyser into hot water, the quantity of hydrogen obtained and the speed of electrolysis is higher that when you do the same test in cold water."

is table and curve to thermal differentiation?

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2016, 07:46:33 AM »
Aside from the solubility issue due to temperature, as Kephra stated, for the flow of each electron through the cell, you pull one atom of silver off the anode which then becomes silver oxide which dissolves in the water.

Temperature ONLY affects the final PPM you can achieve because silver oxide is very poorly soluble in water.

For 20PPM you really need to keep the water hotter than 75F (room temp as is stated in a lot of places is NOT 68F or anything else you might be thinking - its 75F so heat a bit above this so the cell doesn't cool down below this during the run).  For 40PPM as a top end, you really need to maintain the cell at 150F+ and that includes after the run until you reduce because if the water cools below 150F you're going to start squeezing ionic silver particles out of solution which will then NOT reduce and you'll wind up with a mix of colloidal and ionic silver which wouldn't be good.  Once reduced, temperature doesn't matter.

Obviously if you're doing constant production/reduction like using cinnamon during the run or making higher PPM using a reducing agent and gelatine during the run, other than maintaining the suggested temperature, you can go as high as you want in PPM because there's never much ionic silver in solution since its reduced as quickly as its made.

Offline Argentum

• Participant
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2016, 02:29:07 PM »
One thing I discovered about the temperature of the cell is that as the temperature increases so does the conductivity of the cell. I found that as the cell was being heated I had to pull the cathode further out of the water to maintain the cell voltage.

This is where the cell was started at room temperature and slowly heated in a double boiler to about 80*C. Was making gel capped 40 PPM colloidal silver.

Argentum
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:50:38 PM by Argentum »

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2016, 02:44:22 PM »
The pH of water decreases to pH6 at boiling.  The pOH also decreases to 6 at boiling temperature.  What this means is that there are 10 time more OH ions in the water just from the dissociation of the water molecules just due to the heat.  This does not mean that the water is more acid or more alkaline since there are the same number of additional H ions as OH.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline RickinWI

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2016, 09:33:34 PM »
So that explains why hot DW makes it easier for the current to flow if you are trying to do an electrolysis using Zero Electrolyte? A lot more OH- ions in the water?
So many VARIABLES & so little TIME.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2016, 09:36:04 PM »
Yes exactly, and it also explains why hot water cleans better than cold.
But there is absolutely no reason to make colloidal silver without electrolyte. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 09:42:55 PM by kephra »

atadincselim

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2016, 10:12:26 PM »
At the heating process, when i see the 140 fahrenheit degree at the prob of the thermometer i stopped the heating process. And the water clean light yellow colour. But if i do not stop the heating and go over 140f degree it will be dark yellow colour.. So what is the difference between light and dark collodial? Which is the real collodial silver? Is the silver ppm's are different because of degree? Or just the mixing in the blood functions are different between light and dark colour?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2016, 10:28:05 PM »
They are both colloidal silver and both the same ppm.  Heating it cannot add or take away and silver.  The hotter one is very slightly bigger or the cooler one was not fully reduced yet.

atadincselim

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2016, 10:33:12 PM »
so can we say the hotter one is more effective on the body than the cooler one?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2016, 11:11:38 PM »
No we cannot say that.  Also, I doubt there will be any difference after a day or two in the color of your two batches.

atadincselim

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2016, 02:15:22 AM »
I made them about 1 week ago. But no colour change in this time...

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2016, 12:39:39 PM »
Interesting, I do not see that effect with mine.  Whether I heat mine at all, or boil it, I get the same result.