Author Topic: Requesting help.  (Read 48423 times)

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Requesting help.
« Reply #165 on: August 09, 2021, 06:46:48 PM »
the run time im following waynepxe calculator v 2.01
Its incorrect,  you are using the run time for a liter, but you only have 750ml.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

indocomp

« Reply #166 on: August 10, 2021, 12:45:48 AM »
ok im quite confused
Mins run time = Volume of DW (Ltrs) x ppm AgNP required x 15
divided by milliAmps on constant-current power supply
(0.75 x 20 x 15)/ 15 mA eventually will give me 15 minutes

so you are saying the formulation is totally wrong?
can you please show me the right formulation? thanks

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #167 on: August 10, 2021, 03:17:31 AM »
No, you are correct.   I dont know what I was thinking.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

indocomp

« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2021, 05:56:27 AM »
Hi Mr Kephra
I have tried 2 batch of 20 ppm and another one is 40 ppm but the 40 ppm looks so dark

1. 750ml dw, 0,75 ml 1 mol electrolyte, 0,2 grams of matodexrin added after finish run for  15 minutes 15,2 mA 20,8 volts
2. 750ml dw, 0,75 ml 1 mol electrolyte, 0,4 grams of maltodextrin heated to 150F and started electrolysys for 30 minutes at 15,2 mA current and 15 volts

my 1st batch is ok i guess
my 2nd batch is very dark, i dont know if too much maltodextrin or to low voltage because i forgot to adjust the copper to get 20.8 volts and let it runs at 15 volts

The coppper wire which is around 12 gauge is around 20mm below water level, It is too little copper wire inside the soulutin probably the surface area is only 1/200 surface area of the cahtode 0,1 square inch compare with 12 square inch of anode, maybe the copper wire not deep enough but make it deeper will eventually lower the voltage like you have been telling us on some articles
I was thinking maybe the distance between the lowest silver plate is too far from the end of the  copper on cathode and it probably need more voltage, i calculated using phytagoras methode its around 3,46 inch wide between it, please help
Or maybe because i do not use a borrosillicate glass when i heated it up to 150 F and start the electrolysys
The picture i show you is a plastic container on the right because i broke my other glass container during heating

thanks

Dont worry about it sir  ;D
Hi sir, could you please give me an idea about it?
1. Does only around 2,5 mm ( 12 gauge ) of copper wire around 20 mm below the water surface acceptable?
2. my 40 pppm looks real dark, possibly because i heated up to 160F before starting electrolysys process?  and stirred it around 30 minutes according to (0,75 x 40 x 15) / 15 = 30  minutes without further heating, because i monitor it and only drop around 7 degrees within 30 minutes

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #169 on: August 10, 2021, 08:26:29 AM »
1. Does only around 2,5 mm ( 12 gauge ) of copper wire around 20 mm below the water surface acceptable?
It does not matter.  The only thing that matters with the negative electrode is that it is adjusted to get 10 volts minimum for an electrode spacing of about 37mm.

2. my 40 pppm looks real dark, possibly because i heated up to 160F before starting electrolysys process?  and stirred it around 30 minutes according to (0,75 x 40 x 15) / 15 = 30  minutes without further heating, because i monitor it and only drop around 7 degrees within 30 minutes

To judge the color, dilute it back to 20ppm by adding distilled water to a sample.  It should look light yellow like this:
https://www.cgcsforum.org/pix/ccsilver_corrected.JPG

Color is determined by both particle size and ppm.  Larger particles make it darker.

indocomp

« Reply #170 on: August 10, 2021, 02:24:36 PM »
Hi again, sorry for so many question, I just re-read about most of the articles for beginner preparation and i make a conclusion:

20/40 PPM solution is possible to be reduced and capped using maltodextrin cold/heated an it should be use only for external solution   ( no need to be gel-capped )
The same solution need to be gel capped using gelatine if want to take it orally or for internal use especially for human

Do i conclude it correctly?

Both solution can be keep at storage bottles for years  at room temperature ?

My other question is If i want to use colloidal silver as supplement in animal drinking water like chicken or birds to fight e-coli and viruses and CRD diseases and viruses like H1N1, which solution should i choose ? with maltodextrin only or maltodextrin + gelatine capped?
I dont know if animal has lung acid or not, so i am quite confuse which solution is the best option?

thanks

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #171 on: August 10, 2021, 02:49:16 PM »
20/40 PPM solution is possible to be reduced and capped using maltodextrin cold/heated an it should be use only for external solution   ( no need to be gel-capped )
The same solution need to be gel capped using gelatine if want to take it orally or for internal use especially for human
It does not have to be gelatine capped for internal use.  Lots of us don't.  I don't. 
For animals, I would just give them 20ppm, not gelatine capped.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #172 on: August 11, 2021, 12:04:10 AM »
Also, the upper limit for PPM for non-gel capped (a.k.a. "naked") is not 40PPM. I routinely make 80PPM BUT over 20PPM you have to use maltodextrin as Karo isn't a sufficient stabilizer and it will go bad over time if you do use it.

I've had jars of malto reduced 80PPM for years and they were good to the last drop.

You need to process hot (150F) and you need to add the whole amount of reducer at the beginning of the run.  Other than that, no magic - everything else the same.

indocomp

« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2021, 12:29:27 AM »
yup i did process at 160F for above 20 ppm but i heated it up at the beginning before electrolysys process start, when the liquid solution reach 160F , i move it to magnetic stirrer and start the electrolysys, the liquid eventually will get down to 140-145 after 30 minutes, but is it still acceptable way of processing it? im not sure about it, i dont have hot plate magnetic stirrer so this is why im doing this way

If i have hotplate magnetic stirrer , after adding electrolyte and malto,  we should heat it during the process or before the process and during the process ( read few articles but i want to make sure because im not sure i understood correctly )

do we need to make a hole to let any air produce by the process being remove from the jar/beaker ?

thanks

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #174 on: August 11, 2021, 06:26:14 AM »
I don't use a stirrer. I don't have a heated stir plate.

At 150-160F constant heating on a hotplate, you will get enough of a convection current in the water to stir well enough constantly that its not really necessary - at least at 10ma or less. If you're pushing the current higher you probably do need to stir some.

The heat is for 2 purposes. It buys you some wiggle room with PPM because now the IS PPM can get up to 40PPM before it starts precipitating out and it speeds up the reduction process.  As long as your reduction process works fast enough that you never have more than about 40PPM IS (not sure what 140F would be but lets say 30PPM) you're fine.  WHen the run is done it probably will need to sit at a reasonable temp for 10-15 minutes after to make sure all the IS is reduced to Colloidal Silver.

Again, no magic - standard processing.

From an earlier post of yours...  Colloidal Silver is NOT a supplement. Its not meant to be ingested every day. Thats a REALLY bad idea. Its meant to be used when you have an issue and stopped when its gone.

I know at least dogs can drink water with Colloidal Silver in it.  Kephra had a dog that had issues and he gave him Colloidal Silver every day to help.  Here this was NOT a supplement. The dogs issues were chronic so the Colloidal Silver needed to be continued.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2021, 01:51:32 PM »
I know at least dogs can drink water with Colloidal Silver in it.  Kephra had a dog that had issues and he gave him Colloidal Silver every day to help.
Yes, I gave my Jack Russell Terrier nothing to drink except 20ppm Colloidal Silver for 2 years.  She showed no signs of Argyria.

Offline dimoune

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2021, 10:37:11 PM »
Where can I get this table please?

indocomp

« Reply #177 on: August 14, 2021, 03:27:19 PM »
My entire silver anode surface area is black/ dark after run for few minutes, will it affect the quality?

I read all members saying about fire clean? what does it means? using fire to clean it? or chemically?

Thanks

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #178 on: August 14, 2021, 07:54:36 PM »
Turning black is normal.
To fire clean, which turns the black silver oxide into pure silver again, heat it in a blue flame until it turns white. 
Avoid melting the silver.

indocomp

« Reply #179 on: August 14, 2021, 10:53:36 PM »
thank you sir
does it has to be fired until red colour?
can i put it directly inside water after heated?
i found if we fire it until in turn red , the silver  does not looks as clear as it should , doff silver ?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 01:01:19 AM by indocomp »