Author Topic: Whats your favorite?  (Read 10272 times)

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
Whats your favorite?
« on: January 05, 2013, 09:02:39 PM »
Kephra what is your favorite colloidal gold formula now for making colloidal gold with wire?  I make 1000 ml batches please account for that and what voltage you think is optimal.  I have made it a few different ways now and am undecided which way makes the most sense.  I took some time off from making it but now will be firing it back up to test on my dog and re-dose myself.  You had experimented with making a batch in hopes of  reducing the chloride awhile back but had not "proven" the method out .. have you made any advances with that?   

Thanks,
LK
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 09:26:19 PM by lordkarma »

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: Whats your favorite?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 09:04:31 PM »
Actually would love to hear what everyone else has chosen for a favorite formula as well and why they think that way works best for them. 

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 09:52:44 PM »
I don't make mine from gold wire if I don't have to, but if I did, I think this is the formula I would use: http://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php/topic,668.msg3517.html#msg3517

I haven't experimented with gold electrolysis for quite a while.  Even though its a bit more expensive, making it from gold chloride and maltodextrin is so simple and foolproof. 
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 10:16:01 PM »
I don't make mine from gold wire if I don't have to, but if I did, I think this is the formula I would use: http://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php/topic,668.msg3517.html#msg3517

I haven't experimented with gold electrolysis for quite a while.  Even though its a bit more expensive, making it from gold chloride and maltodextrin is so simple and foolproof.

I know you have said a couple of times you don't but last I checked in with you on the topic you had gone to radio shack and bought a chemical I can't rem what it was off the top of my head to try and make a better tasting colloidal gold using wire.  That was primarily what I was interested in seeing if you had worked anymore on it.  You did in fact make some with this other method but it was in its infancy.  (so don't think I am not paying attention to what you said before hand LOL) 

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 10:27:04 PM »
I was looking for something to replace the sodium chloride with.  I thought maybe ferric chloride would work, as it would supply the 3 chlorine atom necessary to free 1 gold atom, and the iron would plate out on the cathode leaving just the gold.  But it didn't produce small particle sizes, so I quit experimenting with it.

There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

kscmac

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 01:49:43 AM »
I use the Gold Chloride and maltodextrin as it works every time and is easy to make for the wife and myself!

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 02:25:26 AM »
I use the Gold Chloride and maltodextrin as it works every time and is easy to make for the wife and myself!

Thats the only method I think I haven't tried yet ... more because I like playing around with the wire and power supply.

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 02:26:31 AM »
I was looking for something to replace the sodium chloride with.  I thought maybe ferric chloride would work, as it would supply the 3 chlorine atom necessary to free 1 gold atom, and the iron would plate out on the cathode leaving just the gold.  But it didn't produce small particle sizes, so I quit experimenting with it.

Yes that was it I believe.

kscmac

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 03:36:22 AM »
Since the colloidal gold is working so well for the wife I use the easy way. Later this year I want to buy some 24k gold wire/bar to electrolize it myself. Till then I will use the gold chloride, the wife's pain level is so much lower now than its been in years! Since this is working for her I don't want her to backslide.

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 12:50:10 PM »
Since the colloidal gold is working so well for the wife I use the easy way. Later this year I want to buy some 24k gold wire/bar to electrolize it myself. Till then I will use the gold chloride, the wife's pain level is so much lower now than its been in years! Since this is working for her I don't want her to backslide.

Yes it is amazing stuff.  I am really starting to believe that the colloidal gold help shut off my dogs allergies!  I have completed two days of one dose per day at 3oz and tonight I will dose him again and I think I already see a difference.  Keep my fingers crossed that this is true.

pawelk

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 09:13:44 PM »
I use table salt and Carbo Gain only and is foolproof for me.

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 11:17:43 PM »
Something I never asked about making colloidal gold is what is the theory on the depth of the electrodes?  Like in making colloidal silver you want the positive electrode to have as much exposure as you can which I know is true with colloidal gold but how about the negative in colloidal gold production?  In colloidal silver production there is a quality difference (noticeable) by keeping as little of the negative as possible so more scavenging is going on is this the same with colloidal gold? 

Thanks,
LK

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 11:20:41 PM »
Its just backwards to colloidal silver.  For colloidal gold, use minimum anode, and maximum cathode.  This works because gold chloride is very soluble, and each gold atom required 3 electrons to liberate it.  So statistically a higher current density (ma per square inch) works out better for gold.  Luckily for us, it also means we don't have to invest in huge anodes.

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 11:38:38 PM »
When you say minimum anode how small do you mean?  I have my gold .999 wire wrapped all the way down my glass rod inside my beaker like I had seen yours.  Should I then change that?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:41:13 PM by lordkarma »

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 11:44:02 PM »
I melted a little ball on the end of my gold wire, and submerge it 1/4 in max.  But do whatever it takes to get your current up above 250ma with 30 to 50 volts across the electrodes. 
Gold:  Large cathode, Small anode, High currents.
Silver: Small cathode, Large anode, Low currents.
Seems counter intuitive doesn't it?