Author Topic: Why does my colloidal gold look purple?  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
Why does my colloidal gold look purple?
« on: December 12, 2018, 12:53:36 AM »
  I’ve been making my colloidal gold for about a month and a half now using Kephra’s, this is what I make every day, easy method.  It’s been coming out perfect from day one.  I made my usual 500ml last night and here’s the thing...

I took it out of the fridge this morning and when I was pouring it into another glass I stopped at about 1\4 inch deep.  It was a very pretty purple, but in a full glass it is red although slightly going to the purple side. 

Oh one other thing...When I shake the jar the color of the bubbles in this batch is the same perry purple.  This was never the case before.

Thinking back, I’m pretty sure I used too much (1/2 ml) of electrolyte.  Plus the grandkids distracted me(flying chocolate milk) and it boiled for about 30 sec. 

So did one of these known variations cause this or did I possibly screw something else up.

I’ve read the articles and quite a bit on the forum on colloidal gold, but I am new at making and consuming colloidal gold.  If this has been covered, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks everyone,  Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
Re: Why does my colloidal gold look purple?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 07:30:26 AM »
  Ok after reviewing some details and trying a couple experiments, I think I found the problem. 

I had made up a new solution of premixed colloidal silver with gelatin to add to my colloidal gold when finished.  I used some colloidal silver I had already put aside that was a year 2 years.  I mean it still looks perfect and is, but it was 40ppm Karo reduced.  I added the appropriate of gelatin but I put twice the amount into my colloidal gold.

I assume this is where my problem was because on the following batch of colloidal gold I used the correct amount and it looked fine.  Of course I have to confirm that the colloidal gold is suppose to become darker when the colloidal silver with gelatin is added.  All may previous batches did become darker, but didn’t turn purple.

I also wonder if any access electrolyte in this final step affects the colloidal gold? 

I split up the purple colloidal gold and added 5 times the amount of 40ppm Colloidal Silver w/gelatin to one sample and it became slightly darker but just barely.  Let me know if you want me to add or try something to the remaining colloidal gold sample.

Bobby

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln