Author Topic: Colloidal Silver Color Samples  (Read 65011 times)

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: Colloidal Silver Color Samples
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2020, 06:38:41 PM »
If the timing was right, in theory they should be the same colour. If I was forced to guess, I would say the one on the right is closer to my rendering of 50 ppm. Both good batches though.

RedDogJT

« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2020, 08:05:52 PM »
 :P If I was to guess, the one on the right means you need to hydrate more with clean distilled water, to get to the lighter shade on the left.
btw, why are you displaying your bottles of urine out your front windows to your neighbors? ;D

RedDogJT

« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2020, 08:33:11 PM »
I'm perplexed.  The 2nd time I ran and got CC to display on my PSU the batch turned out great.  See first picture.  The 3rd time I ran and got everything the same but the cathode I changed from silver to copper, and it came out almost clear.
Both runs were 60 mins long
Both runs had the same silver anode (cleaned with blue fire)
Good run had 17.5 volts second clear batch had 14.5 volts
Both runs had 5 mA +/- 0.5 through the run
Both runs had 20 drops of the same electrolyte
Both runs had 4 drops of Karo 1:1

But the last run did not seem to work right.  The anode was blackish when complete, which happened on both runs
and the copper cathode did seem to have some silver plating on it.

Both were stirred without heat

Room temp on last batch may have been at 70 F

RedDogJT

« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2020, 10:59:40 PM »
To trouble shoot, add 20 more drops of sodium carbonate to see if it reduces.  If it does, you didn't have enough.

If that still doesn't reduce the silver, add 20 drops of Karo solution.
So I don't have to power it back up with the PSU, or heat?  Just stir and wait for a period of time?
And if that doesn't work then I've got some plant water.

Looks like that did not work. So now I must puzzle out why by making more batches. Maybe the lower voltage just means I need to increase the time?  I might have 10ppm solution which is why it is very pale yellow at best.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 01:23:47 AM by RedDogJT »

RedDogJT

« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2020, 05:12:27 PM »
Duh.  You were right. I put in those extra drops and felt  :'( that nothing happened, but when I came back to the office this morning and was getting ready to water my plants, I noticed that the last batch had turned the exact shade of yellow it should have.  Go figure.  Thanks Bill.  It is that constant current thing (mA) which is more critical.  The volts will just vary according to the time and silver in solution  :-[.  The constant current idea is how you worked out the time table for ppm with all the other variables, like Anode surface size.  Funny how sensitive the formula is.  For example after you told me I could add more drops of the electrolyte and reducer to see if that had an effect.  This next batch I added the 20 drops (for 20ppm) like before and noted the voltage display and the Ammeter display and then just added one more drop.  I watched the voltage now drop a few points! Wow.  You really did dial in this formula down tight.
Fascinating stuff this Electro-Chemistry.  Now I regret never taking those classes in school and college!  :(

Thanks again for your guidance and help.  I like being taught to fish.  Unfortunately, as you can most likely tell, it takes me much longer to "learn" what I've been taught. :-[

PhiPhi

« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2020, 06:46:35 PM »
Made my first batch of 40 ppm today and the results look good, I had a couple of issues but I don't think it spoiled anything in a significant way.  First my power supply for the homemade stirrer failed to had to do this manually and secondly on my second fire cleaning of the anode I performed this in situ with a gas pen torch but immediately put the hot anode back in the solution, this produced a violent super heating of the solution at the insertion point and some lumps of what I presume was silver oxide and sugars were immediately formed, hence the final filter when decanting.

1L Medical Grade Distilled Water
1ml 1 mole sodium carbonate solution
0.6g Maltodextrin
1 Ozt .9999 Ag Canadian Maple Leaf Anode / Copper Wire Cathode
Hotplate Temperature 175F/79C
Current 15ma +/- 2%
Current Duration 40 minutes
Solution Kept Hot for 10 minutes after current cut to aid reduction/capping
Manual stirring as needed
Fire cleaned anode at 20 minute intervals
Decanted and strained through cotton wool.

40ppm Left and 20ppm Right for comparison.

PhiPhi

« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2020, 07:04:55 PM »
High praise indeed. Thank you Sir!

RedDogJT

« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2020, 12:37:24 AM »
 :) :D :D ;D  Thanks. I feel so much better knowing that everything is connected.
Funny to say it the way you did, but it is amazing how many things in this forest
we call modern life, is just like that.  We long ago stop questioning these basic idea's.

As an Architect, I'm always battling that long time live perspective with my clients
short lived requirements that seem like they really need to be a certain way.
I try real hard to keep my mouth shut, so as not to risk waking them up.  8)

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2020, 11:26:32 AM »
Lololol...hahaha! 

That was a just to funny Kephra.  Glad to see that since of humor again!

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

PhiPhi

« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2020, 12:49:36 PM »
Managed to make 80ppm today same process as the 40ppm in my earlier post except 1.2g of Maltodextrin and 80 minutes current time.  At first I thought it should be darker but looking at the other samples it seems about right. 

PhiPhi

« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2020, 05:27:57 PM »
Not sure if I did this quite right for 320ppm as I used maltodextrin instead of Karo or is it now double capped?  I beefed up my anode so it could be fully submerged and have a larger surface area then a steady 20ma for 4 hours.  The annode did not smoke or blacken it just got a dirty light brown colour but I fire cleaned it regardless.  I have yet to decant and strain but the colour is like Guinness (stout beer) with no turbidity whatsoever.  Colour samples below with sample diluted to 20ppm.

1L Medical Grade Distilled Water
1ml 1 mole sodium carbonate solution
4.8g Maltodextrin
4g Gelatin
1 Ozt .9999 Ag Canadian Maple Leaf Anode / Copper Wire Cathode
Hotplate Temperature 175F/79C
Current 20ma +/- 2%
Current Duration 240 minutes
Solution Kept Hot for 10 minutes after current cut to aid reduction/capping
Manual stirring every 20 minutes
Fire cleaned anode at 40 minute intervals

I diluted my 40ppm Maltodextrin Uncapped for comparison, the 320ppm dilute seems very dark.

PhiPhi

« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2020, 06:15:12 PM »
Phew!  I feel like I passed my final exam when in reality I just followed your excellent instructions which just work.  Next stage gels and ointments.

RedDogJT

« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2020, 11:24:52 PM »
Phew!  I feel like I passed my final exam when in reality I just followed your excellent instructions which just work.  Next stage gels and ointments.
Great job!  Just to get clarification; is there any reason not to use high strength, undiluted, 320ppm for gel's and ointments?

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2020, 02:55:15 AM »
Great job!  Just to get clarification; is there any reason not to use high strength, undiluted, 320ppm for gel's and ointments?

I did Stagno's cream recipe using 320 ppm gelcapped Colloidal Silver and didn't like it as it stained everything it touched. At the same time, Stagno says he only used 20 ppm to make his and is famous in his part of the world for how much he's helped his community with it. Every cream I've made since then was based on 20 ppm Colloidal Silver or ionic silver and it works nicely.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

PhiPhi

« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2020, 03:52:17 AM »

Thank you.  Good question I have no idea what the effective concentration would be for a cream or gel, did you see the psoriasis progress photos I posted on your dosage topic? https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=5120.0  That was just applied with a Colloidal Silver 10ppm soaked tissue so I guess what we want to know is how much if at all does the delivery medium interfere with the ppm vs the benefits of absorption and contact time that the medium offers.