Author Topic: Daily Colloidal Silver?  (Read 2555 times)

TahoeMnts

Daily Colloidal Silver?
« on: October 08, 2018, 10:04:57 PM »
Do you take 20PPM daily to keep silver levels up as preventative? If so, how much?

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: Daily colloidal silver?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 11:14:51 PM »
Colloidal Silver is a curative, NOT a supplement. Take it only when you have something to cure and do continue taking it for at least 10 days minimum (or at least a full 7 days after the symptoms go away if you decide its necessary to take it longer than 10 days) to make sure you kill ALL the disease organisms in your body and not just the weak ones.

If you don't do this, you run the risk of getting a relapse only now it'll be the stronger disease organisms that didn't succumb quickly causing it and for sure, this time around the block will make the first time look like a cake walk by comparison.

If you're heading towards a month and its still not gone or if the Colloidal Silver isn't helping much and especially if its getting worse, its probably getting to be time to consider going to see a doctor.

Doctors don't always explain to patients the reason for taking an antibiotic for 10 days, just assuming they're going to take it all because they prescribed it, the patient's symptoms go away around day 3-4, they think they're cured and they stop taking it.  What can happen next could be quite ugly but for sure, if it does, they absolutely learned a valuable lesson they won't soon forget (OUCH).

TahoeMnts

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 12:13:52 AM »
OK. So take Colloidal Silver only when there's an ailment. What are some things you recommend taking daily for us parents and kids (ages 8, 6 and 2) coming into the fall/winter months. Cold season is lurking and I've never had as many colds in my life until we had children. I want to name them Petri and Dish :)

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 12:58:31 AM »
From my experiences, Colloidal Silver usually cures colds but if its a nasty upper respiratory infection or a flu, what really works is to put "naked" (meaning non-gel-capped) 20PPM Colloidal Silver in an ultrasonic humidifier, sit with your face about a foot or so from it and breathe deeply but normally for about 10 minutes 2 or 3 times a day.

I still suggest taking oral too in a therapeutic dose (meaning about 2PPM in the blood) which, for an adult would be about a quart of 20PPM a day though after a couple, maybe 3 days you can back that down to 8+ oz.

There is information on the forum regarding how to compute a therapeutic dose if someone knows the link to point it out. Just err on the high side. You could drink a gallon of 20PPM every day for a month and it wouldn't harm you.

The half life of Colloidal Silver in the body is 4-8 days or so its said.  Once you have your body up to a therapeutic dose, keeping it there doesn't require nearly that much. 8oz seems to be close to the lower limit but you also have to understand that from the point you stop taking it, its going to take 4-8 days for the body to eliminate HALF of it.  Thats what a half life means - just like with nuclear radiation.  So 8-16 days after (2 half lives) you'd still have 1/4 of it left in the body.

Orally and aerosol in parallel gets the upper respiratory infection from both sides - a technique my brother was taught in fireman school (curious)... surround it and drowned it!

TahoeMnts

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 04:27:49 PM »
I've read this phrase ""naked" (meaning non-gel-capped)" ...  what does this mean? What's gel-capped?

Online kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 07:10:35 PM »
Gel capping means every silver nanoparticle is completely encased with molecules of animal gelatin.  This prevents the silver particles from ever touching and combining into larger particles.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 10:12:35 PM »
OK. So take colloidal silver only when there's an ailment. What are some things you recommend taking daily for us parents and kids (ages 8, 6 and 2) coming into the fall/winter months. Cold season is lurking and I've never had as many colds in my life until we had children. I want to name them Petri and Dish :)
Nothing works better for me as a preventative supplement than 2 grams of Vitamin C and 10000 IU of Vitamin D3, per day. You may not need as much D3 as me. I would start at 2000 IU for an adult, reducing by bodyweight for children accordingly, then increase the dose until you don't get colds any more. Children are flu factories, but our societal tendency to keep them locked up and out of the sun (what little there is in the winter) doesn't do them any favours.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 12:45:01 AM »
I wholeheartedly agree with cfnisbet.

Vitamin D is necessary for lots of things in the body and these days NOBODY gets nearly enough.  Though it may be in others foods, the only food I know of for sure that contains D is eggs.

Even when you're outside where the UVB/UVC rays turn the surface layer of cholesterol (what body oil is from what I've been able to determine) into D, it now takes a good 2 full days for this to be absorbed by the body.  Take a shower before then? GONE! Its water soluble.

On top of this, the UVA/(UVB/UVC) is self regulating. This is why nobody overdoses on D if they're out in the sun too long. Where UVB/UVC create D on the surface of your skin, UVA which is also present in sunlight destroys it.  There are people who live in the sun that STILL have low D levels in their blood.

And now its even more sinister. If you're indoors, UVB/UVC CANNOT pass through glass so you don't get any D forming on your skin. UVA can pass through glass however, so now its destroying any remaining D you have on your skin so you absorb even less.

Your doctor, next time he does a blood test, ask him to also measure the D in your blood.  This will tell you if you're low or in a normal range. If you're low, he WILL tell you.

TahoeMnts

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 04:48:57 PM »
I used to take Vitamin D faithfully in the past until I read an article on Mercola about D and arterial plaquing affects. It wasn't his article stating the plaquing but some rants in the comments section. I'll have to add D and C back in the regiment now that we're coming into the winter months ahead. We live in the Lake Tahoe CA region and know that the sun is much lower in the sky these upcoming months and understand the need for D. It's also more soluble taken with the fattier meal of the day. I'll spread out 2 servings of 5000IU 2 times/day and one 2000IU for the kiddos. I do spend much time outdoors..more than the average person undoubtedly but due to the lower sun it doesn't matter.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 09:17:06 PM »
I used to take Vitamin D faithfully in the past until I read an article on Mercola about D and arterial plaquing affects. It wasn't his article stating the plaquing but some rants in the comments section...
This can be avoided if you are taking high doses of Vitamin D3, by also taking Vitamin K2 the MK7 version.

TahoeMnts

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 11:33:59 PM »
Do you know of any Vitamin D and K supplement in one? Or do you need to purchase both separately? I see this product: https://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-K2-MK7-Supplement-Vegetable/dp/B01GGFDVUI/ref=sr_1_10_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1539210959&sr=8-10&keywords=vitamin+k+mk7

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 04:17:59 PM »
I buy them separately, in the UK from bigvits.co.uk for the Vitamin K2 or Costco for the D3.

In the USA, I would be surprised if you could not beat the UK price on anything you care to name.

FlyingDutchman

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2018, 06:09:46 PM »
There seems to be a consensus that bacteria do not get resistant to silver ions, so that would not be my big worry. A greater worry is that there is very little scientific knowledge about the long term effects on health and the exact mechanisms in vivo. Interestingly enough, nano and sub-nano silver are considered much more toxic than micron silver, so our quest to reduce particle size may result in a more effective antibiotic, but also increase toxicity.
There are many factors to consider if we talk about toxicity: Particle size, ionic or metallic, capped or uncapped... Also the way it is taken: orally, sublingual, topically. I don't believe much in "maintenance doses", I believe that is generally a marketing cue. I would rather take small, well directed doses, depending on the problem: skin rashes, ear infection to be treated topically, food poisoning orally (citrate capped nano silver has been shown to be more effective to reach the intestinal tract), cold and sinus infections using nasal spray and inhalation and generalized bacterial infections using sublingual.
As I believe that nano silver does not know to distinguish between good and bad bacteria, I would always recommend to take probiotics during prolonged oral use of nano silver.
I am not a MD, but I believe in common sense.

FlyingDutchman

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2018, 07:00:58 PM »
You are absolutely right, I should have used the words "most bacteria" or "less resistant", it is not an absolute statement, I only wanted to compare to common antibiotics. I will certainly take my time to read the article section, and I certainly wasn't aware of the fact that nano silver particles aren't absorbed sublingually, so I will check your sources.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2018, 07:59:42 PM »
... you'll feel better without the hormone ''vit d'' and use only whole food vit c.
What?

This may have been true in the late years of the 19th century, but the soil around the world has been so depleted of nutrients that I would be surprised if anyone could afford to eat enough organic food, or find it cheaply on sale in supermarkets, to obtain all the necessary nutrients from a "normal diet". This has been the mantra from the mainstream Big Pharma, (that supplements are a waste of money and all you need is a "good, well-balanced diet"). I feel that I have been moderately well-fed for most of my life, but I have never been free of colds in winter until I started high doses of Vitamin D3 as a supplement.

Other people may live in better areas of the world, where livestock still fertilise arable land, but I feel those days are gone as far as Europe and most of the USA are concerned.

There was a noticeable explosion of good health just after WWII, when the "shield lands" of the North American continent started to supply the hard wheat for bread-making. The height of the average Briton went up markedly.