Author Topic: Very first Colloidal Gold batch  (Read 4797 times)

samiam

Very first Colloidal Gold batch
« on: March 02, 2013, 04:27:25 AM »
Waited for this moment since the day i got into this forum..
I came to this forum 2 weeks ago with a quest to perfect my colloidal silver making skill.
Never even thought about making or learning about colloidal gold.
2 weeks later, Ive got both colloidal silver and colloidal gold nailed. All credits to you all!..

What a beautiful looking thing this is!

Tested varying amounts of Na2CO3, Maltodextrin, cinnulin, etc..
1/2 tsp maltodextrin (for 250ml) as kephra suggested is dead on!

Love this color more than anything.

Thank you all!

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Very first Colloidal Gold batch
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 04:36:52 PM »
If you look at the stained glass in the medieval churches, the red stained glass contains gold nanoparticles.  Gold also makes blues and purples.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

samiam

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 04:48:45 PM »
currently testing portions(30ml each in mini glasses) of colloidal gold and colloidal silver with additional additives - 1-20 more drops of cinnulin, 2-grains of sea salt, 3- 20 more drops of Na2CO3, 4-6 drops of activated chlorine dioxide(CLO2).

Interesting observation so far is from colloidal silver with 6drops (about 0.5ml) of activated chlorine dioxide.. The Chlorine dioxide, as suspected, immediately neutralized the half the colloidal silver in the glass. However, Chlorine dioxide doesn't seem to affect colloidal gold (visually that is)..

chlorine dioxide has long been known to neutralize heavy metals. But in case with colloidal gold according to my little experiment, it does not seem to affect colloidal gold at all; instead, further reduces colloidal gold - got tad darker..
I still wouldn't mix colloidal gold w/ Chlorine dioxide though.

if anybody has any other interesting experimental idea (or results) please let me know.

samiam

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 02:24:04 AM »
adding tablesalt(seasalt) turned the colloidal gold into purple.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 03:23:49 AM »
chlorine dioxide has long been known to neutralize heavy metals.
That is a meaningless statement.  You can convert ions to atoms and vice-versa, but neither of them are neutral.
The worst thing you can add to silver is chlorine unless you specifically want to be a smurf.

I wouldn't allow chlorine dioxide anywhere near me for any reason if there is any way to avoid it.

Quote from:    U.S. Council of Environmental Quality
"Cancer risk among people drinking chlorinated water is 93% higher than among those whose water does not contain chlorine."

Toth et al. (1990) examined the neurodevelopmental toxicity of chlorine dioxide in the postnatally exposed Long-Evans hooded rats. Groups of four male and four female pups per litter received daily gavage doses of 0 or 14 mg/kg chlorine dioxide on postnatal days 1–20. The chlorine dioxide pups weighed significantly less than controls at ages 11, 21, and 35 days. No significant alterations in cerebellum or olfactory bulb weights were observed on postnatal days 11, 21, or 35. Forebrain weights were significantly lower in the chlorine dioxide-exposed pups on postnatal days 21 and 35. This reduction in forebrain weight was accompanied by reductions in protein content on postnatal days 21 and 35 and reduced DNA content on postnatal day 35. The ratio of protein content to forebrain weight was decreased on postnatal days 11, 21, and 35; the protein content to cerebellum weight was increased on postnatal day 35.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

anax

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 10:15:31 AM »
Hi, this is my first batch of colloidal gold. Is it good? From your experience what is the ppm? My hot plate-stirrer and power supply are late so I use a custom power supply combining mobile transformes having 32v at 500mA. I used the sodium citrate- sodium chloride-corsyrup method, but I used honey for the syrup( as I did for Colloidal Silver production http://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=2843.msg23670#msg23670 ). I measured the current throug the process and it was about 170mA. I use 22gauge gold anode and 14SWG copper cathode.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 12:27:09 PM »
Yes, looks good, probably about 20 to 30 ppm.

anax

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 02:20:10 PM »
What is the indicator that the reaction has stopped, the sodium chloride is used up and we need to stop the electrolysis?maybe when there is no clorium smell in the fumes above the beaker ? (One indicator that you have mentioned in your articles is when you see no colour change?)Have you noticed others from your experience?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 02:33:57 PM »
There is no absolute indicator.  Color change is a hint of course, but thats it.  The gold reaction does stop when the chloride is used up, but thats hard to determine. 

anax

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 11:52:33 AM »
At indirect light colloidal gold solution gets a blurred brownish colour. Blurr means that there is different sizes of nanoparticles inside and brown colour indicates the nanoparticles that are smaller than those at 30nm that looks ruby red.Is it correct?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 12:37:56 PM »
The 'blur' as you note it is turbidity or cloudiness, which indicates you have a lot of large particles in your liquid.  Ruby red is the color of nanoparticles below 20 nm, typically about 15nm.  As the particles grow larger, the color shifts toward blue.

Offline reiyel2012

• Participant
  • French Canadien
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 11:50:23 PM »
A purple color like the first pic, it can be around what size and it's good for consumption ?  I think it's better to get ruby red to obtain maximum of propriety of colloidal gold.

My 2 first batch are purple like this with goldchloride ! :-(

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2015, 01:53:05 AM »
Purple is about 100nm and not good for anything.  It wont hurt you, but wont do any good either.

Offline reiyel2012

• Participant
  • French Canadien
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2015, 02:21:18 PM »
Thank's, I do an other batch in chrismas vacancy to find what bad thing I do to have purple.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2015, 02:38:42 PM »
Which formula did you use?