Author Topic: Requesting help.  (Read 21584 times)

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Re: Requesting help.
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2018, 12:41:42 PM »
Its hydrogen gas.
Colloidal Silver is only a bargain if you make it yourself.

Offline alex79

• Participant
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2018, 09:08:45 AM »
thank you for the answer.
“The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.”

Offline alex79

• Participant
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2018, 11:35:36 AM »
after reading about water ph in some posts i understand that i have a problem with my elctrolyte.every time i run a bach i struggle maintaning a good votage above 10v ,that because i use the amount of electrolyte 1ml /1l DW.The cathode is almost out maybe 5mm in the solution.from what i've read a good ph after putting the electrolyte is 8.5 but in my case starting with DW ph 6 and then putting the amount of elecrolyte needed ,my ph rises to 10.5.it's like my electrolyte is too concentrate.i made another bach of electrolyte with sodium carbonate 10.6 gr and DW to reach 100ml.also use another soda product when i made my sodium carbonate in the oven.same result ,it's like i used to much electrolyte.someone had this problem ?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2018, 01:14:55 PM »
Don't trust your pH meter.  To get a pH of 10, you would need 200 times more sodium carbonate which is not possible. Trust your scale.

What is the size of your anode, the diameter of your cathode, and the spacing between your electrodes?

Offline alex79

• Participant
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2018, 01:21:59 PM »
anode is 1oz bullion,cathode is silver wire gauge 10 and distance between electrodes 40mm.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2018, 01:25:22 PM »
Use a smaller diameter cathode, like 12 or 14 gauge copper house wiring.
Also, you don't have to submerge the full anode.
But its normal to have only a small amount of cathode submerged.

Offline alex79

• Participant
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2018, 02:02:44 PM »
ok, thank you.i'll change the cathode wire and I'll order ph paper .

Offline alex79

• Participant
320 ppm process
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2018, 10:12:51 AM »
hi, I produced my first batch of 320ppm colloidal silver  8) .I  have 4 questions.

1. shall I compensate the loss of water due to condensation from time to time in the process?

2. I don't see any residue on the bottom, do I need to filter it anyway?

3.after I dilute, should the solution be tasteless?

4. when I dilute 1 tablespoon(15ml) of 320ppm  in 250ml to obtain a 20ppm solution, can I use any water or I must dilute only in DW? ::)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:48:03 AM by alex79 »

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: 320 ppm process
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2018, 11:58:37 AM »
hi, I produced my first batch of 320ppm colloidal silver  8) .I  have 4 questions.

1. shall I compensate the loss of water due to condensation from time to time in the process?
Yes, but if your Colloidal Silver is covered while hot you should not lose too much water.  I top mine off at the end.
2. I don't see any residue on the bottom, do I need to filter it anyway?
Not if you don't want to.
3.after I dilute, should the solution be tasteless?
It should not taste metallic.  I can't taste anything in mine.
4. when I dilute 1 tablespoon(15ml) of 320ppm  in 250ml to obtain a 20ppm solution, can I use any water or I must dilute only in DW? ::)
No, you can use any drinkable water to dilute with the exception of heavily chlorinated water.

Offline alex79

• Participant
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2018, 10:06:22 PM »
thank you for your time and patience.so happy with my achievement 8)

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
    • Social SilverTron Facebook Portal
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2018, 05:39:10 PM »
Alex,

When I make 320 I start electrolysis at about 30 degrees C. Then I allow it to steadily rise getting to between 75 - 80 degrees ONLY BY THE END OF THE RUN!.

I make 1 litre batches always so i'm in for about 5 hrs. 20 minutes at 15ma.
The expansion as it starts to heat sees volume increase beyond the 1 litre mark and I have full coverage of the 1 litre beaker with a lid (breather hole in the centre only.)

I have NEVER ended up with less than 1 litre by the end! try gentle increasing of heat rather than wacking the cell straight in at high temp. It really doesn't need it. As long you are above the solubility limit and you're reducing and electrolyte is accurate you should sail through the batch.

It never tastes metallic.

I do filter but in truth, if you are diligent and careful with anode / cathode cleaning during the run, you shouldn't get any residue.

As Kephra says, any drinkable water AFTER production is fine. I put it in tea, coffee, orange juice, distilled water, filtered water..........

Well done on the run!

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2018, 05:23:02 PM »
A while back I was with a friend talking about the 320 ppm colloidal silver while we were diluting it into our drinks. I had lemonade with some lemon slices lurking around the bottom of the glass. Around the lemon slices where the acid levels would be greatest the colloidal sliver solution (diluted to 20 ppm) started to turn red on me.

So, even though the 320 ppm could be diluted into almost anything, I learned that day to not use something that is too extremely acidic like strong lemon juice.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline emanwols

• Participant
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2018, 12:53:58 PM »
Hello Neofizz
i do not understand why if gelatin capped colloidal silver can or should withstand stomach acids it cannot withstand lemon juice for a few minutes.
Also i would like the views from all forum members as to why they think my 320ppm colloidal silver has a  slighlty bitter taste  when i use it neat( without dilution) as a mouthwash just for gargling after brushing. I must add that i brew all my Colloidal Silver with what used to be 7 guage silver rods at 48mA and i do not have any debris on the bottom of my flasks when production is done.
Thanks

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2018, 01:26:53 PM »
Gelatin holds particles in suspension.  So you might be making a lot of silver oxide particles and not seeing it because of the gelatin holding it in suspension.

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2018, 01:16:26 AM »
Hello Neofizz
i do not understand why if gelatin capped colloidal silver can or should withstand stomach acids it cannot withstand lemon juice for a few minutes.

This took more than a few minutes to happen. It was a large glass and took the better part of an hour to consume. It was about at the half hour point that I noticed the colour change occurring at the sliced areas of the lemon wedges at the bottom of the glass. I was considering with the lemon wedges being where the acid strength would be greatest, that it was the cause of the colour change I was seeing. This is just my observation.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."