Author Topic: first attempt - i made colloidal gold but its too dark ( photos)  (Read 341 times)

Offline imcool

• Participant
hello,
i used keprah method - Colloidal gold by electrolysis

https://wgpeters.wordpress.com/how-to-make-colloidal-gold-and-silver/colloidal-gold/

now, my solution became too concentrated. Please how to dilute it?  can i add distill water to it and dilute it?

My process ran at 180mA all the time at 32V DC from bench power supply.
I made two mistakes:
1. I kept water boiling all the time around 200C.
2. I ran it too long like for 1 hour.

i did not use any reducing agent afterwards, I did not use any cinnamon extract.

Please help me,I do not want to throw this colloidal gold i made.

Thank you for reading.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: first attempt - i made colloidal gold but its too dark ( photos)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 02:11:06 PM »
No, this looks perfect. The darker the better.

Offline imcool

• Participant
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 03:38:09 PM »

question 1 ; can you please tell me what is the responsibility of cinnamon extract in process of making colloidal gold, is it reducing agent?
I did not use any cinnamon extract at all because I dont have it, can you tell me what did i miss by not using cinnamon extract?

question 2; if i add distilled water in it to increase quantity of colloidal water, will it become less PPM as compare to what it is right now?
thank you.

Offline Liam

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 03:44:16 PM »

question 1 ; can you please tell me what is the responsibility of cinnamon extract in process of making colloidal gold, is it reducing agent?
I did not use any cinnamon extract at all because I dont have it, can you tell me what did i miss by not using cinnamon extract?
Stability.

question 2; if i add distilled water in it to increase quantity of colloidal water, will it become less PPM as compare to what it is right now?
thank you.
Of course if you dilute it, it will have less ppm.

Offline imcool

• Participant
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 04:00:38 PM »

Stability.

thanks liam for replying, if i may ask, with my limited knowledge of chemistry, please excuse my silly questions. I do not understand what you mean by "stability", can you please tell me what will happen to solution with an example, for instance - will it not last longer? will it become bad? , something like that can you please tell me.
Regards

Offline Liam

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 04:25:42 PM »
By stability I mean that the particles will not combine and grow making them useless.  Stability increases the storage time.

Offline imcool

• Participant
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 06:17:05 PM »

By stability I mean that the particles will not combine and grow making them useless.  Stability increases the storage time.

thanks so much

Offline imcool

• Participant
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 04:58:56 PM »

hi Liam, can you please have a look, in my second batch where  I used cinnamon extract, something developed, how to avoid it, should I add more cinnamon extract to it?

https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=5108.0

Thanks so much for your help