Author Topic: Colloidal copper really toxic?  (Read 187 times)

Offline apyr

  • Participant
  • **
  • Posts: 29
  • Likes: 0
Colloidal copper really toxic?
« on: June 13, 2020, 04:46:59 AM »
First time I ever heard of this was on this forum which I'm coming to like quite a bit.
I know Meso is a pretty culty website and they claim ionic copper and zinc aren't toxic, nor are the colloidal forms and you guys clearly differ in opinion.
Maybe I was misled into thinking it was fine, but I was taking a good amount of it and spraying it on my face and hair and I don't think I've gotten sick from it and my hair is extremely healthy and quit shedding entirely, but it might also line up with the time of changing my diet. It certainly hasn't hurt me though and I noticed some skin improvements and the timing of my hair getting healthier seemed to line up. Since seeing your alls opinions I've put it up though but I find it interesting because I imagine I'd have gone far over the limit where I would've gotten toxicity..

Offline cfnisbet

  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • *****
  • Posts: 2007
  • Likes: 115
Re: Colloidal copper really toxic?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 09:26:01 AM »
Well, if you think it works for you...

You don't necessarily know what's in it, or how it was made. Small amounts of copper are an essential trace element. We don't give any instructions for making it on this website, nor do we advise its' use, but it's still a (relatively) free country.

Let us know how you get on, we might learn something. I can only say that I got very sick from drinking water which was highly acidic and had been running through copper pipes. YMMV.

Offline apyr

  • Participant
  • **
  • Posts: 29
  • Likes: 0
Re: Colloidal copper really toxic?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 10:19:08 AM »
Yeah, not asking for instructions on how to make it.
Just interested that, while maybe I was misled by the very culty website Meso/purest colloids seems to be, I've probably consumed at least a teaspoon daily + spraying it on my face for a little over a month and have not felt any ill effects and although I can't prove it I noticed a significant reduction in hair shedding since adding it.
But perhaps that was due to the gold? I'm not sure honestly, but I haven't experienced any toxicity at all certainly and I thought I would share that since it goes contrary to what posters here have claimed and I consider you all to be knowledgable. More than me at least.

Purestcolloids has.... like I said, pretty culty claims, but they do say it's non toxic/no reports of harm from their products and I've been using their colloidal copper internally and externally to no harm to me at the least. I think I would know if I had copper toxicity and I've been consuming it at much higher rates than is claimed can cause illness, so maybe I'm just a freak?

Offline wgpeters

  • Kephra's other account
  • Expert
  • Participant
  • ***
  • Posts: 634
  • Likes: 75
    • SilverTron Support
Re: Colloidal copper really toxic?
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 12:19:04 PM »
Quote
but they do say it's non toxic/no reports of harm from their products and I've been using their colloidal copper
Here's the problem.  Copper reacts with hydrochloric acid to form copper chloride.  The stomach acid is hydrochloric.  So when you ingest colloidal copper, you are in effect ingesting copper chloride.
Copper chloride is toxic.
https://nj.gov/health/eoh/rtkweb/documents/fs/0532.pdf
A teaspoon of colloidal copper is probably not enough to cause any noticeable signs of toxicity in the short term.  But the long term effect is unknown for sure. 
Use at your own risk.
A person's worth is solely determined by what he does for others.

Offline apyr

  • Participant
  • **
  • Posts: 29
  • Likes: 0
Re: Colloidal copper really toxic?
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 04:49:31 PM »
Fair enough, that changes my mind. Thank you. Does that apply to applying it topically too? I've seen conflicting information on ionic copper, and claims that it's safe/necessary in ionic form to be useful to the body and the conversion in the body from colloidal form to ionic was necessary and safe.

Hopefully uh I haven't hurt myself! Lol
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 05:01:03 PM by apyr »

Offline wgpeters

  • Kephra's other account
  • Expert
  • Participant
  • ***
  • Posts: 634
  • Likes: 75
    • SilverTron Support
Re: Colloidal copper really toxic?
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 05:38:09 PM »
People wear copper bracelets to absorb small amounts of copper through their skin. It often stains the skin green which shows that the skin contains substances which ionize copper.  People also wear garments infused with copper, so I would expect that applied topically is pretty safe as opposed to drinking it.
A person's worth is solely determined by what he does for others.