Author Topic: any benefit in this power supply?  (Read 310 times)

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
any benefit in this power supply?
« on: January 05, 2021, 05:34:29 PM »
I found a power supply boasting 120 volts https://www.amazon.co.uk/POWERBES-Power-Supply-Variable-Adjustable/dp/B08GWX4K8K/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=DC+Power+Supply+4+digit&qid=1609867810&s=diy&sr=1-5

Now if voltage needs to be over 11 volts, would it be advantageous to have monsterously high voltage? Currently I have 30v power supply. If I were to use that other one I mentioned and stick it on 120 volts, using the same exact process and current settings etc, would that mean the voltage across the setup would be higher than my usual 15-20 volts? Or would it be literally no different even if I was pumping out 120 volts from the supply? I am not an electrical guy so I am trying to figure out if there would be a benefit or if the liquid + electrolyte means what I would see/measure would be unchanged no matter if I output 30 volts into the water or 120 volts?

Thanks

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Re: any benefit in this power supply?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 06:22:20 PM »
No, save your money.
Colloidal Silver is only a bargain if you make it yourself.

Offline imcool

• Participant
Re: any benefit in this power supply?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 11:39:12 PM »
I found a power supply boasting 120 volts https://www.amazon.co.uk/POWERBES-Power-Supply-Variable-Adjustable/dp/B08GWX4K8K/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=DC+Power+Supply+4+digit&qid=1609867810&s=diy&sr=1-5

Now if voltage needs to be over 11 volts, would it be advantageous to have monsterously high voltage? Currently I have 30v power supply. If I were to use that other one I mentioned and stick it on 120 volts, using the same exact process and current settings etc, would that mean the voltage across the setup would be higher than my usual 15-20 volts? Or would it be literally no different even if I was pumping out 120 volts from the supply? I am not an electrical guy so I am trying to figure out if there would be a benefit or if the liquid + electrolyte means what I would see/measure would be unchanged no matter if I output 30 volts into the water or 120 volts?

Thanks

It is/was useful as you can use the same supply for colloidal gold which requires  80VDC, I wish i could buy it earlier but its sold out.